Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 05:49 AM

Default Re: Should it be legal to torture a Liberal?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gee, it must be hard to fit in at Republican meetings for ya. I'm just going to assume you're a Log Cabin Republican.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh Heh, that was a good one LomU. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You forget we are the party of tolerance, other views that are not destructive to our American society are welcomed, not shunned. I don't begrudge others who believe in God, after all people have believed in many things over the centuries, some right and others wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not asking this question to advocate or not advocate the gay community, I just want to know the answer. In what way are gay people destructive of American Society. In your opinion or in the GOP's opinion, which I guess are the same.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes it does. You said yourself that you tend to give less weight to statements made by posters on this site if their post have incorrect spelled words and grammatical errors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Context is king. I made that statement in the context of posting on an Internet discussion forum. Way to ignore the context. I am guessing comprehension wasnt one of your strongest subjects either. That being said, I agree this has gotten silly, and thus this post will be my last word on the subject.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:05 AM

So you think it's more important to express yourself correctly on an internet forum than as the President of the USA. That's bizarre.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes it does. You said yourself that you tend to give less weight to statements made by posters on this site if their post have incorrect spelled words and grammatical errors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Context is king. I made that statement in the context of posting on an Internet discussion forum. Way to ignore the context. I am guessing comprehension wasnt one of your strongest subjects either. That being said, I agree this has gotten silly, and thus this post will be my last word on the subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

I in no way ignored the context, I compared your idea that I was not intelligent because of my grammatical errors to the fact that President Bush makes numerous errors when speaking and you do not question his intelligence.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I vote yes, they are pretty much useless. They complain incessantly, don't make good pets, spend all your money and are generally pessimists. No redemming social value and little integrity.

You might ask what good would it do to torture them? It might just keep them occupied with their own troubles and keep them out of our business.

All in favor say "AYE".

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this even a question? You conservatives torture us everyday in this forum demonstrating that conservatives are a bunch of heartless bastits. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2005, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not asking this question to advocate or not advocate the gay community, I just want to know the answer. In what way are gay people destructive of American Society. In your opinion or in the GOP's opinion, which I guess are the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no firm opinion on the gay community. I've never been cheated, lied to or threatened by a gay person so I'd have to say in my experience as long as they aren't liberals they are an upstanding group of people in general.

Keep in mind the Conservatives use God as their basis for disapproving of gay marriage. My personal belief system does not include mythical creatures.

Does the above answer your question?
Old 01-31-2005, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is this even a question? You conservatives torture us everyday in this forum demonstrating that conservatives are a bunch of heartless bastits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great answer Toro! I assume by your response that you consider it OK to torture Liberals in at least some form. Keep on being open-minded and we'll induct you into the Republican party any day now. Naturally you will need to either leave Mass. or at least get all your news from cable TV, [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2005, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no firm opinion on the gay community. I've never been cheated, lied to or threatened by a gay person so I'd have to say in my experience as long as they aren't liberals they are an upstanding group of people in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO!!!

as long as they aren't liberals! hahahahhhaaaaa... at least you're consistant.

actually the 'gay vote' is about 50-50, if i'm remembering correctly, you'd thing homosexuals would be predominantly liberal, turns out that they're predominatly affluent, and thus conservative....

who knew?
Old 02-01-2005, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep in mind the Conservatives use God as their basis for disapproving of gay marriage. My personal belief system does not include mythical creatures.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does but i'm confused because you stated that the Republican Party is a party of tolerance, which is why you being a athesis is fine but they are not tolerant of gay people because their god tells them being gay is wrong. So they do not tolerate a whole group of people because their god tells them not to but they can tolerate you who dosen't believe in their god? Keep in mind im not attacking you, i'm just wondering if your party welcomes you as much as you think they do.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It does but i'm confused because you stated that the Republican Party is a party of tolerance, which is why you being a athesis is fine but they are not tolerant of gay people because their god tells them being gay is wrong. So they do not tolerate a whole group of people because their god tells them not to but they can tolerate you who dosen't believe in their god? Keep in mind im not attacking you, i'm just wondering if your party welcomes you as much as you think they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you haven't replied tells me that i've asked a question that you can't answer. Again im not attacking you for not believeing in god, trust me I don't care. I just see a problem in your claming the Republican Party is a party of tolerance which is why you think your included even being an athesis when they do not tolerate gay people based on god and the bible. Hell man, you don't even believe in god, I don't see how they wouldn't think of that as if not the same more worse than being gay. I once had a class my junior year in college with a black, gay, athesis, Republican that was pro choice, where does he sit at the conventions? LOL [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]