Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2005, 11:39 PM

Default Should it be legal to torture a Liberal?

I vote yes, they are pretty much useless. They complain incessantly, don't make good pets, spend all your money and are generally pessimists. No redemming social value and little integrity.

You might ask what good would it do to torture them? It might just keep them occupied with their own troubles and keep them out of our business.

All in favor say "AYE".
Old 01-29-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Should it be legal to torture a Liberal?

Nah. That draws attention. Once you start attacking them, they go into peace mode, and people start complaining to you about not beating up a defenseless person. You know, once you start attacking them, you just get owned by popular opinion + media.

The correct answer is to ignore their incessant banter and rhetoric. If you ignore them, then they will just go away when they realize the futility of trying to peacefully protest your actions.

Since they don't use violence, you can push them around a bit, but not too much.

However, it is completely different from Conservatives. They don't like being ignored. Once you ignore them, they go out and attack you. The correct strategy against the Conservative is to bait them into attacking, and then you kick their asses.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:55 AM

typical ignorant post. what good does your post do? is this going to provoke any intelligent political conversation, which is what I thought the whole idea of this was? so you want to torture people because they have different ideas then you? hi Hitler, how are you? you know what makes america great? the fact that we have opposing ideas and we can voice them without the threat of torture from the side in control.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
typical ignorant post. what good does your post do? is this going to provoke any intelligent political conversation, which is what I thought the whole idea of this was? so you want to torture people because they have different ideas then you? hi Hitler, how are you? you know what makes america great? the fact that we have opposing ideas and we can voice them without the threat of torture from the side in control.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgot to take your pills again today did you?
Old 01-29-2005, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgot to take your pills again today did you?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes the guy that asked for intelligent political conversation needs to take pills, not the guy that advocates torturing others, good logic.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:28 AM

Wake's post is done tongue in cheek ..... I think.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:39 AM

If it was a liberal that made a similar post the convervatives would be all over it. Wether it was in tounge in cheek makes no difference, the point is it has no use, no intelligent political conversation can come from it. It has no content and its offensive.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If it was a liberal that made a similar post the convervatives would be all over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know this?

[ QUOTE ]
Wether it was in tounge in cheek makes no difference,

[/ QUOTE ]

No room for humor on this forum?

[ QUOTE ]
he point is it has no use, no intelligent political conversation can come from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a totally subjective evaluation. Some liberal might come along, read the post, realize the post is intended as humor and think hmmm... maybe I should rethink my position a little, let me reconsider the Gonzales nomination.

[ QUOTE ]
It has no content and its offensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it was a little raw but the intent was to be humorous ... I think.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If it was a liberal that made a similar post the convervatives would be all over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know this?

Oh I get it, I can't make assumptions, but you can.

Your quote, Maybe it was a little raw but the intent was to be humorous ... I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Wether it was in tounge in cheek makes no difference,

[/ QUOTE ]

No room for humor on this forum?

Sorry but I don't think talking about torturing people is funny, wether you mean it to be or not.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:12 AM

No redemming social value and little integrity.

What part of that would you find funny if he was talking about you? I take being told that I have no integrity pretty serious, hard to make that funny.