Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: continuing 300 Bb thread

[ QUOTE ]

But why shouldn't I be in the game? My bankroll is fine and was not in jeapordy. I was clearly a better player than most of the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am agreeing with you. Anyone who likes those games and has the bankroll should clean up in the long run. Dropping 50BB in games like that is nothing.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know many solid, winning poker players who can not handle being in a game like

[/ QUOTE ]

These games are not for everyone. I prefer ordinary games as I tend to stay away from crazy variance situations. But I am never quitting a game where 3-4 players might as well be playing with their eyes taped shut.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:05 PM

I have NEVER lost 50 BB in a session. If I lose near 40BB, I know something is really bad, and by that time, it's my judgement. I'm out the door and at the bar. Usually 3 racks is my limit in a 4-8 chip game.

8K in an 80-160 game is a lot to lose. This is a bad week to lose that kind of money.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:19 PM

I agree, sh*t happens. I'm just saying I see Ray's point too.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:23 PM

Abdul used to talk about the fish schooling together, each "wrong" cold-call becoming less and less wrong as one more player joins the fun. There are only two choices in a game: continue to play or stop so it would be a shame not to
at least consider one of the options "just" because you're stuck. Even the fish play better against you when you're stuck.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:24 PM

It's doesn't exactly address this point, but I'll have an article about getting up from a good game in, I think, November's magazine.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Abdul used to talk about the fish schooling together, each "wrong" cold-call becoming less and less wrong as one more player joins the fun. There are only two choices in a game: continue to play or stop so it would be a shame not to
at least consider one of the options "just" because you're stuck. Even the fish play better against you when you're stuck.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. One of the things I've learned over the last year is to realize when my table image has become poor and I get up.

-Scott
Old 08-15-2005, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Abdul used to talk about the fish schooling together, each "wrong" cold-call becoming less and less wrong as one more player joins the fun

[/ QUOTE ]

But..But..But...Clarky says he relishes no fold'em hold'em! I do too!

I am not saying Abdul is wrong here. He is correct, as when the pot gets BIG, the fish chasing are often correct to do so. However, he neglects to mention how much more equity the best hand/draw also has as the pot grows.

Simply put, that extra BB we put in betting/raising is getting a lot more value of out it than it should have. The EV is through the roof!!!

Mmm...no fold'em hold'em...it's like an all-you can eat buffet!

Lawrence [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2005, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. One of the things I've learned over the last year is to realize when my table image has become poor and I get up.

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

Why can't you just change the way you play if your table images changes?
Old 08-15-2005, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Abdul used to talk about the fish schooling together, each "wrong" cold-call becoming less and less wrong as one more player joins the fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Each cold-call may be less wrong but you are making more money with each one.