Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 10:16 AM

Default Re: How many ways did I stuff this up???

[ QUOTE ]
There's only 1 other preflop raiser. UTG raise-folded preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Figured I missed something. In that case I might give your overs something like 4-4.5 outs.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:19 AM

The problem with calling the flop is we still have someone left to act behind us. Plus our outs are a bit tainted possibly.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:22 AM

You run into more trouble, tho, if it's 3-bet and capped after you call. Then you're getting 28:4...I'll let you finish that off. And, you're assuming that you're not drawing dead to a set.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem with calling the flop is we still have someone left to act behind us. Plus our outs are a bit tainted possibly.

[/ QUOTE ]

i took this into consideration with the outs (at least i thought i did with 3 outs to OCs which i gave figuring we're not up against a flush draw right here) plus MP's aggression is nothing, so i really doubt he's 3-betting us here.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: no worries. (I love UTG's preflop line, btw. Give him a biiiiig note, "Might bluff-raise pf utg.")

Flop: Uh, I don't think you can check this after capping, preflop, or, if you do it's with the intention of check-folding, not check-calling-two-cold-not-closing-the-action. I actually prefer check-folding this flop, I think...you've got 2 opps with hands they liked enough to survive a preflop cap betting and raising into you, and you have no way of knowing it won't be 3-bet and capped after you call. You missed. MP2 and Button don't think they did. Let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had actually planned to check/raise the button <font color="blue"> (Is this bad?), </font> I was still confident against his 3 bet range, and I thought there was a good chance MP2 would fold without close to the nuts. I was 95% button would bet when checked to. When MP2 bet out, and then button raised (of course) I was stuck in the head lights. I figured I had the odds to peel but was definitely folding the turn UI, regardless of who bet.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:40 AM

Maybe I'm rusty but I'd consider folding the flop facing 2 (and possibly more).
Old 10-25-2005, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had actually planned to check/raise the button...I was 95% button would bet when checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, from his stats, Button looks to be a pretty good TAG. You capped him preflop. What's he going to bet into you that you're ahead of or even have a decent draw against?

[ QUOTE ]
I figured I had the odds to peel but was definitely folding the turn UI, regardless of who bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were ok peeling, but IMO it's on the bubble. The problem is, after the flop action you have no way of putting either of your opponents on hands that you're going to beat even if you do hit one of your top pair outs, and your flush and straight outs are longshots that make your TP outs better, but still aren't very good. And, given that MP2 liked his hand enough to bet into two preflop raisers (after you check), you have no guarantee that you're going to get to the turn for just 2 bets.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...plus MP's aggression is nothing, so i really doubt he's 3-betting us here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have doubted that he'd bet into 2 preflop raisers having shown no previous aggression in the hand...so, I guess maybe he's happy with his hand?
Old 10-25-2005, 12:18 PM

in my experience, there are 3 different places to stuff "it" up. they are all warm, and one is particularly elusive.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:20 PM

I'd peel getting 13:1.