Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 03:06 PM

Default 40/80 Aruba

I have only been at the table for about 2 orbits and the game is pretty soft because of a bunch of rich friends from Costa Rica. I really shouldn't be playing because I needed sleep for the 2nd day of the wpt event.

My image is pretty good as I've only shown down legit hands but so far I'm stuck a little after getting some big hands cracked. Playing my usual 2+2 tag style.

9 handed game. Middle aged guy who seems competant limps utg. Total loosy, passive fish who keeps buying in short and busting limps right after, I raise ATo in the CO and the better playing of the Costa Ricans calls in the sb (i.e. not total fish but bad nonetheless). I have only played about 3 or 4 orbits at this point so I can't give much more detail than this.

4 people to a flop of Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8 SB) All check to me and I bet, all call.

Turn is the [Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]][T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] All check to me and I bet, sb (Costa Rican) calls and now utg (competant middle age dude) pauses and checkraises. Super fishy folds and its on me.

Turn and river plan?
Old 09-30-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Re: 40/80 Aruba

quit putting money in the pot... youve already put too much in.
why did you bet this flop? i think that is not a good play.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:10 PM

i dump this one right here. Sure some of the time you will have 5 outs, but too much of the time you will either be dead or have some outs tied up.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:11 PM

Fold. I think you're almost never ahead and he often has KJ for the lock. The sb calling along protects this pot enough that a competent player is basically never bluffing nor is he checkraising a worse hand for value.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
quit putting money in the pot... youve already put to much in.
why did you bet this flop? i think that is not a good play.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, this is a good spot to check through the flop.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:09 PM

this one is easy. fold.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:15 PM

things you should teach sophia:

"BRaAAAA, CHECK THE FLOP"

"BRAAAAA, FOLD THE TURN"

Barron
Old 09-30-2005, 07:16 PM

Default ***Results***

[ QUOTE ]
things you should teach sophia:

"BRaAAAA, CHECK THE FLOP"

"BRAAAAA, FOLD THE TURN"

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, this joke never gets old for you does it? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I posted this in my results oriented, running bad frustration today.

I folded the turn with AT on a board of [Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]][T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] I really didn't want to as the board was really draw heavy and I didn't think I was up against a Q here. The timing of his turn raise told me that he was unsure of his raise, as if he didn't plan it when he checked the turn. The board was so draw heavy that I thought he would bet out with a Q, 2 pair or a straight on this turn or at least make some noise on the flop.

I made the fold, cause that is the standard play here but was mad I didn't stop to consider that this was a big enough pot that he might make a move with a pair/flush draw or straight combo and that since i was in position getting about 10-1 (maybe drawing dead or possibly with 3 or 5 outs), I could call the turn and reavaluate the river and just might just get to check it through.

I guess this fold isn't very close and as usual, my instincts for the game and for recognizing close decisions aren't very sharp.

SB called the raise, the river blanked off and it went check check. UTG (turn raiser) showed 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and sb flashed a jack before mucking. I quit for bed soon after.

And btw, I agree with everyone that the flop is definitely a check. Sometimes I don't play perfect [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]