Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 09:55 PM

Default Re: I love my girl but I love poker more

There will always be juicy games waiting for you. However, if you screw this up, there are no more shots with her.

Some might answer that there are tons of girls in the world. Still - I bet this problem will come up with them too.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the trick is to get good loving WHILE playing poker

[/ QUOTE ]

true, but the last time I did this I misclicked all in with 56o for 1400. blow jobs/poker don't mix.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like this might be your answer
Old 11-25-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love my girlfriend but I love poker too damnit. She is in town for Thanksgiving and I had to pass up on a juicy game last night to spend time with her. I tried to make up some excuse like I had to help my friend move some stuff but she saw right through that crap! I need some good excuses for the future...Any advice?
-ObnxNole-

[/ QUOTE ]
You need to find someone who loves you for who you are......

A LOSER!
Old 11-25-2005, 01:26 PM

Thats not necessary
Old 11-25-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love my girlfriend but I love poker too damnit. She is in town for Thanksgiving and I had to pass up on a juicy game last night to spend time with her. I tried to make up some excuse like I had to help my friend move some stuff but she saw right through that crap! I need some good excuses for the future...Any advice?
-ObnxNole-

[/ QUOTE ]
You need to find someone who loves you for who you are......

A LOSER!

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally, anyone that needs to feel good about themselves by calling people losers, are generally guilty of what they accuse people of.

But to get back on topic; Remember in the Godfather when the Don tells asks micheal how his family is? then he states a man that doesn't spend time with his family isn't really a man. Now playing 8 tables is tough, but not as tough as being the godfather i think. Family first dood, and even if you don't consider your girl as "family" your sitll developing bad habits for someone that you eventually might.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I need some good excuses for the future...Any advice

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be looking for juicy games if you know you don't have the time / (insert other constriction) to play in it.

If you knew you couldn't play, looked at the games, it sounds more like you were looking for an excuse to not spend time with your girlfriend moreso than desiring to play in a particular juicy game. Could be subconscious, could be conscious, and I could be way off because I don't have nearly enough information to state this in an accusing form. Just wanted to bring it up as a mere possibility incase you haven't thought about it.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Some might answer that there are tons of girls in the world. Still - I bet this problem will come up with them too.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be my answer if this thread were something like "My girlfriend insists on talking on the phone for 3 hours a day in addition to going out 4 times a week two of which she stays over at my apt. even though we're both taking 15 hours of college credit and living in different cities so I never have enough time to myself to play poker even though I've confronted her about this," which is kind of sad IMO.

Instead this sounds like "I have a long distance relationship and can't put poker on hold for one week," which is also sad, but in the other direction.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:05 PM

OP has the problem.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP has the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding.

My advice: Break up. You'll both be happier in the long run. Stay away from any and all intimate relationships until you've finally reached the point where you can think and care about someone other than yourself. Then, make sure you pick a partner/spouse who can do the same.

In the mean time, it sounds like all you're achieving in your relationships is sharing your misery with others.