Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 09:44 AM

Default KK

How was my line on this hand? Did I put in the correct amount of bets?

UTG was a massive fish 78/15/0.6
only 50 hands on button but he was 30/22/1.9

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.70 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (15.70 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.70 BB
Old 12-19-2005, 09:45 AM

Default Re: KK

I would cap the flop
Old 12-19-2005, 09:49 AM

I'd cap the flop, and other than that I play it the same. Button could be jamming the pot on the flop on a draw but when he reraises the turn it's time to slow down.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would cap the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I didnt cap the flop is that I figured button was 3 betting either with something that beat me or with a flush draw (saw him do that once) so I decided to wait for a safe turn before betting again. Is this flawed reasoning?
Old 12-19-2005, 10:01 AM

I play it the same, every street.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:06 AM

I cap the flop. Button has was to often AJ,KJ and QJ here or a draw. I cap the flop and go out bet/calling the turn if he decides to continue to show aggresion. When that Q hits the river I check/call. I play it the same except the flop.

And I don't like the reasoning that you want to see a safe turn, you probably have the best hand so get as much in there as possible.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:11 AM

Capping the flop may be the only chance you have to get in extra bets with the best hand, as button is probably only raising the turn if he has you beat already. Get the dead money from UTG and the money from Button's draw while you can.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:05 PM

I think you put in the correct amount of bets, but I'd have to ask myself why Button raised on both the Flop and Turn. UTG+1 who you said was a fish was probably on some sort of draw or a weak A.

I'd put Button on Jx, maybe AJ, QJ or J10. His numbers don't indicate someone who has no hand.

Don't know I'd change much, but I'd almost expect to see Button turn over trips, two-pair or a str8.