Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Re: KQo Checkup

[ QUOTE ]
I limp KQo here pre-flop, or fold it depending on conditions. You're coldcalled by tons of players and out of position much of the time in the Party 2/4 games.

Postflop, I hate your flop move. You make a critical error by raising the flop, and it will cost you the pot a lot of the time. Call this flop bet and raise any safe turn card. When you raise the flop, you offer the players to your left 5.5:1 on a call, and will inflate the pot such that the turn there will be no way to shut out draws with 6-7 outs or more, which is to say most draws.

If you'd played the flop right, you'd also have a ton more information on the turn. Reason being, BB would likely bet his hand again, you can raise, and if you're 3-bet by button you know you're beat. If he calls two bets, you may or may not be good and can re-evaluate on the river.

Button punked you with a flush, and you probably knew it before you bet the river, so why not c/c if you're gonna use a bet? Unless button is a total calling station, I don't see the utility in bet/folding here.

[/ QUOTE ]
is this a troll account? This sounds like a table coach on Pacific poker. gotta raise KQ pf, raise the flop, bet/fold river to get value from Q's and random pairs that will check through and lose the same when you are behind as a check call. if i was villain i would not see this as a bluffing opportunity so im not worried about folding the best hand.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:03 PM

Default Re: KQo Checkup

Christ almighty I'm sick of this thread. I think you played it perfectly soma.