Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Quick Check Up.

I'm going over some hands from todays session and just want to check up some hands quickly. None should be too interesting so i dont think they deserve a thread each. I've just posted what info i have/had. I'll post my thoughts for each hand after a few replies(if its needed).

Hand 1

Villian 40/3/0.8 from 200 hands.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero?

Hand 2

No read, seems highly aggressive and bad.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6.70 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.70 BB

Hand 3

UTG 37/17/2.6 150 hands.
Button 36/7.7/1.5 65 hands

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG (poster) calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero?

Hand 4

SB 41/14/2.7 from 20 hands
BB 23/16/3.25 from 30 hands.
UTG 24/3/0.6 from 30 hands
CO 74/10/1.4 from 30 hands

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>
Old 12-03-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Quick Check Up.

1-i call down
2-i cap preflop then lead flop so it should play out a bit different
3-id bet fold
4-id flop preflop and probably call the turn bet with UTGs overcall and re-evaluate on the river
Old 12-03-2005, 04:32 PM

Hand 1: Raise for a free showdown is probably fine, calling down is OK too but I don't like that with the flush draw out there. If this was your last hand at the table you could fold this but I'm concerned about metagame aspects of folding to a donk bet when an ace hits.

Hand 2: You got a backdoor flush draw and two overs: Check raise the flop and see where you're at. If he 3-bets the flop you call and fold comfortably on the turn unless an ace or king hits. If he calls your check raise bet the turn and probably bet the river unless a J, T or 6 hits. Calling down here is bad.

Hand 3: Bet/fold the turn. I'm a little worried with UTG's aggression but you don't want to be calling a random river bet. Get the money in while you might be ahead.

Hand 4: Limping here with QTo sucks. You can be easily dominated, you don't have good connectors and you're not suited. Maybe other people do this but I think it's a lousy play. If you wouldn't limp with KTo, don't do it with QTo (QJ and JTo are marginal limps at best here.) That said, bet this flop. You'll often get a free card and if you're c/r'ed on the flop you're only paying one more small bet to see if your straight comes on the turn, and your implied odds are probably better at that point. Also, if you bet this flop and get raised, it doesn't put you in a bad situation when your T comes on the turn and you agonize about your decision as you're doing here.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:50 PM

Hand 1; I called down. Thought about folding and was shown AT.

Hand 2; Because he was really aggro, i decide preflop to let him have the incentive and planned to call down to a non-scary board. He showed JTo

Hand 3; I bet/folded. UTG won with 53c, Button held A8o.

Hand 4; I thought this limp was standard. I would also limp with KTo here. Thought about betting the flop but decided with this many people ill take the free card and see what the turn brought. On the turn, i figured BB could be betting anything, UTG could have a draw of somesort so i decided to raise and take the free showdown to be shown JJ after bb folded.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:26 PM

2,3,4 I play the same as the way the OP described.
2: call down against LAG
3: bet/fold
4: same as hand

However, I think we should fold hand 1. After the turn bet, the pot contains 4.2BBs. If we call the turn, we have to call the river which will end up costing us 2BBs to see a showdown.

If the villian was aggressive, I would be worried about the bet, but I think he's pretty passive. I'd fold.