Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 10:40 AM

Default Last post - qucik river question

Bb is loose passive, so i'm guessing there is no point in calling this river? As a side note, because he is so passive could i cap the flop for a free card? It probably saves me 1 sb when i miss on the turn?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: (8 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9 BB
Old 11-18-2005, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Last post - qucik river question

3-bet the flop.

If your confident that you can get a free card, you really have to take it. This might even get you a free showdown against a very passive player. Also, with SB coming along, your pot equity is probably 1/3, so you actually don't care that much if you don't get a free card (although if it was capped you would have to fear a set, and some of your outs are now tainted).

On the river... are you really sure he won't play 77 or A4 this way? The pots not a bad size. On the other hand he has fired all the way throught the hand, so if he is really that passive then you can fold.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:52 AM

Villians stats read something like this, 47/6.7/0.6. his aggression on a street by street level 0.9/0.6/0.2. he goes to showdown 53% but loses most 37%. these are only from around 50 hands.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:58 AM

River - good fold

Flop - 3 bet w/ SB along for the ride
Old 11-18-2005, 11:00 AM

I would be tempted to call the river here. You only need to win 1/9, his aggression isn't really really low. His river aggression is tiny, but over 50 hands this is the street thats going to be more affected by the low number of hands. He may be passive, but if he is even slighly aware, he has absolutely no reason to think his A4 etc. hand is beaten, particularly if you have been playing very aggresively.

However, I really need to find more spots to fold on the river. Let's see what the others think....
Old 11-18-2005, 11:25 AM

just keep raising on the flop.
river looks like an eeeasy call.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:27 AM

What hands do you expect to see? I think i may be folding rivers like this too often. As hes so passive i can't see him c/r anything lower than tp. I do agree with hindsight that the flop should be capped.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:55 PM

just bumping this. anymore takers for a river call?