Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 10:19 AM

Default Flopped straight, again lots of action.

Buttons too loose and will go to showdown way to often, usually just calling down. UTG i havent seen much from.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (20.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 23.50 BB
Old 11-18-2005, 10:25 AM

Default Re: Flopped straight, again lots of action.

I wouldn't normally limp there, but in this game i'm sure it's OK. Other than that, you could have slowplayed on the flop, but with these donks calling two with anypiece of the flop, I think you played it well.

I really don't see what you are questioning about this hand... river I definately prefer an overcall when we are de-nutted, especially given all the heat he gave us.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't see what you are questioning about this hand... river I definately prefer an overcall when we are de-nutted, especially given all the heat he gave us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was just wondering if a river raise would be good? While the overcall is good, i figure botton will call 2.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:35 AM

Both button and UTG really like there hands, e.g. they are telling us they have 2pair or better -- the only hands we are beating now are J9, A9, AJ, we split with QT. We are beaten by AK, KJ, K9, any set, any flush. With 2 opponents loving their hands, there is a very good chance you just got rivered. I really think a river raise has no value.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:37 AM

I completely agree but my game is suffering at the moment and wanted to check my thinking hasn't gone to pot because of it.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:43 AM

The 3 hands you just posted look basicaly sound, if this is indicative of your play then you have nothing to worry about. Just keep at it, it'll turn around sooner or later.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:54 AM

got rivered by what though? J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]? That being said - if I played this hand I would have checked the river. But, thinking about it now, the only logical hands that have you beat now are J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

I also like the overcall because you look like you're gonna chop here - but if you think button will cold call 2, raise.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:16 AM

As this hand seems standard, UTg held QTo, and button turned two pair with his A9s