Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Grand Tunica

Anyone going there this Friday night? My wife and I are going. I got the room and have to play at least 6 hours to get the poker rate. I don't know if I'll be playing 4-8 or 2/5 NL.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Grand Tunica

I thought it was just five hours. Whatever. I might be there next weekend, but I think I will only be there for a day trip. I had booked a room, but it looks like I will have to cut the trip short. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2005, 06:03 PM

Will you be playing anywhere else on Saturday? I may or may not be down on Saturday, but if I am I'll be playing at the Horseshoe.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:15 PM

I had the oppertunity to prop yesterday and today. I see now why you keep coming! I could live in that 10-20 game. I flopped top set twice, filled up on the turn and had an over-pair catch on me both times. You can imagine how expensive that was. I still made $600 in 4 hours. Today I played 4-8 for 5 hours. I was up over $400 when I left. I watch these games all the time and never realised how soft they are.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:15 PM

I would argue that the Horseshoe's 10/20 game is the most profitable game you'll find anywhere. Everything about it equals profit. It's not no-foldem-holdem. The players there do have a bit of common sense. But they will call all the way down if their hand improves to as little as bottom pair, or if they have draws which they don't even have close to proper odds of calling. It takes no effort to extract money from losing hands. At the same time, the players are all very easy to read, and very easy to manipulate. You can tell if someone intends on calling all the way down or if you can bluff him out of the pot. Few adjustments are necessary from early position to late position. You can raise with your big hands and expect most of the field to fold, at the same time you can limp in with your drawing hands and expect just about everyone to also limp as if the pot odds attract them. Also few people will raise after a bunch of limpers come in unless they're holding monster hands (and even then they will sometimes limp, hoping to trap the entire table). They will occasionally bluff, but usually they wait until you've shown strength, as if their bluffs will get more credit that way (and they do, they often get me to slow way down when I'm way ahead, but I'm not folding). If I could somehow talk everyone at the table into playing exactly how I want them to play at all times, I don't know what I could possibly ask for. There's nothing they can do to make the game more profitable. It's incredible. The only way I lose when I'm playing my typical game is if I'm only catching draws that don't pay off and making big second best hands. With average luck, I expect to make a pretty good profit, on my best sessions I'd be disappointed to come away with less than 4 figures in profit. You should prop as often as you can. There's a lot of money being given away at that game.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:29 AM

Played the 10/20 at HS on Monday night...wanted to get out of the house.

Looked for Todd but didn't see him so assume it was his night off.

Won a whopping $130 in that game. Not as incredibly soft as I would have hoped....but it was a Monday afterall. A few players in the game who seemed pretty decent.
One or two guys who were kinda lousy.

Not what I was expecting from the 10/20 at HS.
But I think it was just an off night.

I played a few orbits of 4/8 while I was waiting for a 10/20 seat and that was insanely fishy.

FWIW - The temporary room set-up seemed satisfactory to me. Nothing spectacular obviously...but more roomy which was nice.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:26 AM

Sundays and Mondays I was on the floor from 8:30am till 4:30pm. I deal (or prop) on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays from 10am till 6pm.