Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 08:39 AM

Default Mike The mouth

Last night I watched some old tourneys and a couple of them had "The Mouth" on the final tables and I was wondering how he's doing. I knwo he had a problem with the law and ended up in jail for 9 months(I think that's how long he was supposed to be in).

Sometimes I can't stand the guy......I hope he grows up some and gets back to playing good poker.

I often wonder about guys like him though. I wonder how good he'd be if he wasn't berating other players? I've only seen him play on TV so maybe he's only made a couple scenes and that was all that was shown.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Mike The mouth

The previews for WPT next week showed him getting out of his seat and yelling for something. Hopefully someone else at the final table has enough sense to toss his ass in the water. What a loser.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:58 AM

Wait, he was in jail? What for? I never heard about that.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:03 PM

For telling Greg Raymer he had teeny balls.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:12 PM

dealing drugs, from what i understand.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dealing drugs, from what i understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what his brother reported on RGP, he was actually acting as a middleman from a dealer to a buyer (who turned out to be a cop) and got caught up in a mess.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:18 PM

He also orchaestrated the attempted hit on Greg from prison a la Vern Schillinger.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The previews for WPT next week showed him getting out of his seat and yelling for something. Hopefully someone else at the final table has enough sense to toss his ass in the water. What a loser.

[/ QUOTE ]
Mike's actually a pretty nice guy, but is over-emotional and talks A LOT without really thinking, so that's what you'll see on TV. Away from the table, I found him very pleasant and friendly, but he can get under your skin when playing. Whether this makes him a jerk or a fierce competitor depends on your perspective, I suppose. I would prefer not to have him at my table, but wouldn't avoid him in a social situation.

As for the Aruba WPT, he suffered a horrible beat (don't recall the cards) and his little outburst wasn't too bad in my recollection, but we'll see how it plays on TV. I ran into Mike Sexton that night and he said he felt bad about how Matusow went out, so I'll be interested to hear the commentary.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:03 PM

That's what I heard as well. Most people say that it was an isolated incident where he was trying to help a friend of a friend.

Whether that's true or not I obviously have no idea. My guess would be that if he's only in for something less than a year it wasn't a huge buy.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As for the Aruba WPT, he suffered a horrible beat (don't recall the cards) and his little outburst wasn't too bad in my recollection, but we'll see how it plays on TV. I ran into Mike Sexton that night and he said he felt bad about how Matusow went out, so I'll be interested to hear the commentary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless of how he got beat, it doesn't warrant jumping out of his chair yelling and screaming.