Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 11:35 PM

Default Question for Schneids

This was posted in the HUSH forum, but I thought it might have a lot of application here. I also thought it might be a little easier to catch you here. You said that you required higher card values because you didn't fold to bluffs. I understand needing higher card values if you're not going to fold, but I wondered what exactly you meant by the "not folding" part.

link

edited(bobbyi): fixed very broken link
Old 10-27-2005, 06:15 AM

Default Re: Question for Schneids

It means when I play HU I go to showdown most of the time against most types of opponents.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:45 AM

youre getting confused because he is talking about playing with himself. What he means is that he needs high cards (i.e >3) when playing HU against a unpredictable rarely-folding opponent.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:51 AM

Thanks for the response. I suppose that might have similar applications in blind steal/defense pots...that was why I brought it up here.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have 32o, against me, you should fold. You shouldn't be playing me with low cards because I don't fold and you're basically hoping to flop a pair and get me to pay off with king high. It's going to be hard work to read the board texture and bluff me because I don't fold to bluffs...Meaning you need a hand with a little more high card value than 32o against me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the problem is that he was using "I" to refer to both himself and his opponent. Above I changed the first paragraph to make it easier to understand what he is saying.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you have 32o, against me, you should fold. You shouldn't be playing me with low cards because I don't fold and you're basically hoping to flop a pair and get me to pay off with king high. It's going to be hard work to read the board texture and bluff me because I don't fold to bluffs...Meaning you need a hand with a little more high card value than 32o against me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the problem is that he was using "I" to refer to both himself and his opponent. Above I changed the first paragraph to make it easier to understand what he is saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah I write so good. Thx for cleaning up that mess. I honestly am going into journalism.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hah I write so good. Thx for cleaning up that mess. I honestly am going into journalism.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh. sorry to hear that. you seemed so smart, too. (doing my best to get OUT of journalism these days.)