Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2005, 12:33 PM

Default Re: When do you call down after being raised on the turn?

For hand 2, re: 3-bet:

To me, the 3-bet turn is very read dependent. Here it really looks like the guy either hit a set or hit a straight. But of course that depends upon his VPIP. A half way reasonable player is not limping with Q4, Q5, or Q8, but some folks do like to limp with suited connectors, i.e. 67s or 45s, especially if the table is loose passive preflop. Pocket 4s, 5s, and 8s are also plausible. So what was his VPIP? Also to be considered is his AF. If the guy hasn't raised for 200 hands, easy fold. If he's been a border line maniac or worse, easy 3-bet.

It also depends upon your table image at this point. Have you been overly aggressive? Have you not gone to show down recently? Maybe its someone with QJ trying to reign in your aggression. Even the fish pick up on the fact that you've been bullying people around for the last few hands.

Hmm, can someone do the EV for the 3-bet as opposed to calling down? Too many contingencies for me to come up with a workable model.

But again, the fact that the pot is much larger and your hand is much stronger in hand 2 at least warrants a call down in my opinion.

No one has mentioned the fact that if you fold here, or fold several times to a turn check/raise, you may encourage others to make similar moves making the rest of your time at the table more difficult. But I figure this is close to negligible at the lower microlimits - most people are just watching TV between hands.