Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 04:00 AM

Default Re: Almost called ambulance for myself last night

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who flames you would be a complete loser. What kind of health risks are involed in the surgery? It seems that would be the most likly to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

GB surgery will change the way you eat and metabolize for your whole life - and not in a convenient or desirable way. At OP's age he should really work to change his lifestyle. If he doesn't, GB will only help him live longer, not actually live a healthy life.

NT
Old 11-01-2005, 04:10 AM

not true, smoking cigs will help you put on extra weight around the waist.

Not that your comment was serious ( I do hope not), but still wanted to say this
Old 11-01-2005, 05:30 AM

I didn't read the threat but I read the OP. I'll offer my suggestions.

First, I lost about 100lbs in the space of 5 months. I was huge, and I got tired of it. There were a bunch of other problems in my life, so basically I needed to turn my life around so I could start kicking ass. So I did. Now I'm very healthy, at my optimum weight level for my height and quite fit.

Here's a list of things you can do to lose weight:
* Drink water. Stop drinking soda / soft drink / any flavoured drink. Just stop. Drink water. Water is the only thing I ever drink except for the occasional tea / coffee (no sugar), and except when drinking alcohol when I mix some drinks.

Now you might say, "but water sucks and has no taste". Too bad. Water is the best possible liquid for you to be drinking for your body. It takes some time to get over the desire for the taste and sugar, but once you do, it's gone for good. This should be easy once you realise the gargantuan (thanks Kill Bill) amount of sugar in flavoured drinks. You are ingesting an unbelievable amount of energy from just these that you're fighting an uphill battle to losing weight while you continue to do so, because you have so much more energy to burn before you start burning any of the fat you have stored.

* Eat lots of chilli. I'm not kidding. Don't like spicy food? Well, you do now. In fact, you love chilli and hot food so much that every meal you have either has chilli or chilli sauce on it. Not sweet chilli! Sweet chilli is full of sugar, which is your enemy. Just hot chilli.

The reason is that chilli boosts your metabolism, which allows your body to burn energy at an increased rate. If you eat a lot of this stuff, and regularly, you will eventually develop one of those insane metabolisms that those annoyingly skinny people who eat loads of [censored] but never gain weight have.

I eat chilli sauce on pretty much anything, and I used to eat 2 or 3 raw chillis a day. You get used to the hot feeling and it eventually doesn't even hurt anymore. I could pwn anyone here in a chilli contest btw.

* Cut fat out of your diet as much as possible. Since losing weight comes down to burning fat, ingesting more of that which you wish to burn is counterproductive. Check the food information labels on everything you buy. Insist on buying things with very low quantities of fat. Anything that's higher than 5g of fat per 100g is too much - don't get it. Even lite ice cream has less fat than that. Stop using butter. Don't use it.

Also take note of what percentage of your food is carbohydrates (including sugar). These are good to eat as they give you energy, but you must burn them off with physical activity or they too will become fat. So low fat food is an absolute must, but you might also try to pick out food with lower amounts of carbs as well.

This means no more mcdonalds, hungry jacks, or whatever other fast food crap you guys have over there. No more fast food of ANY kind. You will never lose any significant weight if you keep eating that [censored]. Introduce yourself to sushi and have sushi rolls instead. Sushi rolls are insanely healthy.

* Exercise more. Yes, this is fairly obvious, but you need to develop a plan that you follow routinely. Start with situps and do them 3 times a week. Lay on the ground with knees bent, feet touching the floor and arms straight. Raise so that your fingertips reach your knees. Hold it, and then go back down. So it should be 1-2-3. 1 coming up, 2 hold it, 3 lower yourself down. Keep counting, keep going, don't rest. Do 100 of these. Put some music on if it helps, and it should take about 5 minutes. You will master these quickly and it's a good way to get yourself into the exercise habit. After a while you'll want to do more stuff, but this is a start.

* Eat regularly but don't binge. Eat small, regular meals. Stop the buffet nonsense. Stop eating snacks between meals. Absolutely no junk food allowed.

Okay that's about all. Those are the main things that helped me, obviously there's more to it, particularly the exercise aspect... but if you do these it should be a great start. Hope it works out for you.

Just remember this is going to be a long road to self improvement, but I can tell you, it's [censored] worth it. My life is about 1000x better now that I lost all that weight. Hell, I can't walk through the city without a dozen chicks staring right at me. Don't give up.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:48 AM

Start eating 6 times a day, since you are probably lazy like me I suggest eating myoplex shakes with lowfat milk or water, these are really filling and pretty low calorie. Also sandwiches made with deli meat or tuna fish, cereal, bagels, yogurt, basically anything you do that's not at a resturant and especially not a buffet will be a 100x improvement.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:56 AM

Im a trainer, and I pmed you about helping ya out, if you choose not to, thats fine.

Above two posters are almost absolutely correct, but you cant cut out all fats, and six meals a day is one too many, as five well-spaced out meals do just as well metabolically, and are easier for most people to stand.

I would suggest one thing, and it might receive negative feedback from these guys: Completely, and I mean completely stop your carb intake over the next 3 days. Everything from ketchup to candy has got to go.

My reasoning behind this is simple... with your bad eating habits, you still have plenty of lipids in your system, and your body will not react as quickly to a diet. However, if you shock your body with no carbs, it will put you in a better state to start losing pounds.

Next thing: absolutely drink one gallon of water, at least, per day. At first, if you have to, try adding crystal light to it, or kool-aid with splenda, but try to get to water.

An easier way to do this is to carry a 20 oz. bottle arond with you, and fill it whenever it empties.

Next, uber important: Work out in the morning. Before you eat. Drink a 20 oz of water, and get out there, this way there are no carbs in your system, pure fat burn.

And I know the term "working out" is daunting, but for starts, just maintain motion for 30-45 minutes... walking is perfect. Did you know that bodybuilders often walk for cardio? You can work up to harder things later.

Just pm me, we'll get this straightened out. And Im really looking forward to your first pics, and finally you crahhhshing your asthma inhalahh vith your ahhhnold mascles.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:26 AM

I work(ed) with two people who have had the GB surgery. For one it worked well. The other is on disability now, he is basically dying. Unable to swallow properly or something. I last saw him six months ago and he was so thin then it was shocking. Find some other way, don't risk this surgery.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

* Eat lots of chilli. I'm not kidding. Don't like spicy food? Well, you do now. In fact, you love chilli and hot food so much that every meal you have either has chilli or chilli sauce on it. Not sweet chilli! Sweet chilli is full of sugar, which is your enemy. Just hot chilli.

The reason is that chilli boosts your metabolism, which allows your body to burn energy at an increased rate. If you eat a lot of this stuff, and regularly, you will eventually develop one of those insane metabolisms that those annoyingly skinny people who eat loads of [censored] but never gain weight have.

I eat chilli sauce on pretty much anything, and I used to eat 2 or 3 raw chillis a day. You get used to the hot feeling and it eventually doesn't even hurt anymore. I could pwn anyone here in a chilli contest btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone else support/expand on these claims? This would make watching what I eat much easier.