Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Re: 76o BB

I like a check-call here. It seems like he plays erratic enough that you'd want to see a showdown. Plus he thinks you fold too much.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't play nearly this high, so this is probably a basic question to you guys. Why play with 76o? I understand the raise, to take control from a possible steal raise, but why not just fold and wait for a stronger hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Button thinks Nate is weak/tight.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you truly think he's raising 60% preflop and trying to run you over, induce the bluff. And while you're busy inducing, add another bet and c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

Checking to induce makes sense. Checking to induce and then raising doesn't.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:01 AM

I'm not really a big fan of doing this with 7 high. A lot of times when a guy is in the mood to bully you around there is no way in hell he is going to dump any sort of reasonable hand against you. If he has a hand that has any showdown value at all he is going to go to showdown. And you've got 7 high. I would just suck it up until I picked up something with some showdown value, then do the 3-bet macho moves.

One thing that the bully will do, though, is keep betting a totally hopeless hand because he thinks you are a weakie and will fold. So I would check-call this river without really worrying about it. Sometimes the bullies just get in the betting flow and if there were 10 streets they would bet every single street with 9 high hoping you will fold on each one. I can't see doing anything other than check-calling ths river here.

You decided to go to war with the bully with 76. 76 pairs are usually bottom pair. Gotta reap what you sow and check-call with it. I hope you showed him what you wanted to show him!
Old 05-26-2005, 01:23 AM

I think it is close between check call and check raise.
Check raise is best if you have the right image (it seems like you do) and if he likes to thin value bet.
All the other options are way behind in my opinion.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:32 AM

Actually, in a vacuum, I think he is somewhat likely to cap preflop with pocket pairs 77-TT so I would downgrade check raise a bit...
Old 05-26-2005, 01:52 AM

Check call. I was thinking about a check raise too, but I dont like it because like renaud said he probably 4 bets preflop with a lot of the hands he might bet for value but fold to a raise on the river. I hate bet call and bet fold, because I just dont see this guy calling the river with a worse hand, especially given your image. The pot is big, I think you are probably good just enough here to make him turn his hand over.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:44 AM

From the way he views you, I dont think hes betting this river unless he has you beat. He thinks you are weak tight and you keep calling, hes got to figure you for a made hand thats going to call. If he calls ure river bet, he has you beat, so betting does nothing for you. Check folding sucks because you miss out on getting to showthis down, which is part of what you want, and the way you played this hand, if you go to the river and fold, hes really going to make plays at you in the future. so the big question is, if he bets, will he fold to your checkraise? With the way he views you, unless hes got 2pr I think he will. Also of importance, do you flash him your hand after he does? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2005, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Checking to induce makes sense. Checking to induce and then raising doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes sense to me, because you're inducing bluffs and thin value bets. The game is live, when you c/r there might be a lot that he folds.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not really a big fan of doing this with 7 high

[/ QUOTE ]

Me neither. Thankfully Nate has a pair of 6s.

Krishan