Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 09:12 PM

Default AQs help

live 1/2

relevant stacks:
hero $360
bb: $200
button: $550

bb has been playing tons of pots and has busted 3 times in 2 hrs. button is real LAG but won big pots with some crazy hands. i have been a total rock and only shown jacks full and won a race with QQ for a nice pot.

i pick up A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in mp

2 limpers to me, i make it $12 (standard here), folds to button who calls, sb folds, bb makes it $25, folds to me, i call, button calls.

flop: 3 players (aprox $80)

7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

bb checks, i bet $50, button calls, sb folds.

turn: two players (aprox $180)

10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

button calls 50 flat on the flop; he would have rr preflop with AK, AA, KK, QQ, and JJ. is a worse queen out of the question or am i looking at a set? is a push out of the question here? what is your line? also pf and flop thoughts are definately appreciated.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:21 PM

Default Re: AQs help

I pot it on the turn. If he is in there w/ some crazy hands (like you say he's had before) I want to charge him right here. Value wise I think this is where you punish LAGs. Biggest decision is if you are raised on the turn. Very well could be something like 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or the nuts.

Edit: I hate shoving here. ~$300 to win ~$180 is bad poker when you could having him drawing and doesn't let you (potentially) fold the turn when behind.