Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 10:40 PM

Default Re: *Official* \"Gavin isn\'t doing as well as I hoped he would\" Thread

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that nobody is saying his name.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not following anything but this thread. But, it would be a bit unusual for a former WSOP bracelet winner to not be mentioned in the updates.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:41 PM

Default Re: *Official* \"Gavin isn\'t doing as well as I hoped he would\" Thread

As someone who has been following the updates, I dont find it unusual in the least - he has not been mentioned in any of the cardplayer updates when they list 'notable' players throughout the WSOP so far. He has also been omitted regularly by other sites that report chip counts, etc.

The only place I find his name regularly is with Mike Paulle's updates on pokerpages - I emailed Mike the first day of Event 2 when I did not see Gavin's name listed and asked what was up - he said he forgot what Gavin looked like but would find him and include him on all his updates from then on - Cardplayer seems to go out of their way to omit him from their 'notable' player chip counts.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:45 PM

i emailed the woman covering the $5000 event on pokerpages, i'll let you know if she responds (probably wont)
Old 06-15-2005, 10:47 PM

Whoops, that was fast..

He is still in. They are on dinner break right now and since they have shuffled the seat assignments, Ill need to wait to get you that.
Sharla Lehrmann
Business Manager, PokerSchoolOnline.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Combs" <combsy53@hotmail.com>
To: <sharla@pokerpages.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 9:32 PM
Subject: $5000 No Limit event

Is Gavin Griffin still in, what's his chip count?? Thanks.

--Mike
Old 06-15-2005, 10:48 PM

haha i emailed her at the same time before reading this, whoops!
Old 06-15-2005, 10:54 PM

Yessssssssssssss.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:55 PM

I'd like to see him win and then augie would have to eat this post..lol
Old 06-15-2005, 10:55 PM

There's 4 tables left, is Gavin that undistinguishable that she doesn't know who he is? Also, what are the chances she thinks you're talking about Gavin Smith, who IS still in the tournament.

Kevin...
Old 06-15-2005, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's 4 tables left, is Gavin that undistinguishable that she doesn't know who he is? Also, what are the chances she thinks you're talking about Gavin Smith, who IS still in the tournament.

Kevin...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh god. If she thinks that Gavin Griffin is Gavin Smith, I'm going to have to send TWO hateful e-mails.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Kevin...

[/ QUOTE ]

beats me, i hope shes not confusing them, plus she posted that smith is still in, why would she respond to an email about a guy she is already keeping track of, i think she would have told me smith was listed....maybe not.