Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Re: Checking in the dark

i like dark checks, it can throw people off...it trapped a guy one time when i had KK made a preflop raise and was called. hit set but checked in dark, opp thought i was stealin preflop and lost my gull and he moved in...lucky hand dark check isnt always a success and is mostly drawing hands like said earlier.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:23 PM

I like the dark check because it's fancy and when you do it people tend to think "Whoa, I better watch out for this guy. He seems pretty advanced." [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2005, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the dark check because it's fancy and when you do it people tend to think "Whoa, I better watch out for this guy. He seems pretty advanced." [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This only works if you're wearing sunglasses
Old 11-01-2005, 12:02 AM

This only works if you're wearing sunglasses

[/ QUOTE ]wrong, it only works when wearing poker specs...Duh
Old 11-01-2005, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the main purpose of the dark check is to switch betting positions. Checking in the dark makes the guy with the better position act first. It can be effective if used correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why it is a powerful tool when used in the correct situations. Most internet players cannot grasp how useful it is making your opponent react to the flop first and picking up that information before you must make a decision on what to do AND the flip side is that your opponent does not get this information from you.

In the right situations this is much more valuable than the potential free card for your opponent.

Being that the majority of my play is live I am a huge fan of this move when used correctly. Some of my craftier opponents whom I have played against multiple times have even thrown in the 'dark check behind' when I dark check.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it trapped a guy one time when i had KK made a preflop raise and was called. hit set but checked in dark, opp thought i was stealin preflop and lost my gull and he moved in

[/ QUOTE ] How can you 'hit set but check in dark'? When you dark checked you wouldn't know whether you hit the set or not yet. If you 'lost your gull' then that would mean you checked after you saw the flop. I don't get it.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:47 PM

oh my god for the amount of people who claim to be poker masters on this site, why is it so full of idiots..i have KK. when the flop comes im going to be udg. i check in the dark. when flop comes there is a K in it, so I hit a set on the flop. if i had crayons i would draw a picture of the whole event but it seems pretty clear to me.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:54 PM

Here's what David Williams said.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:25 PM

wow, what an immature post.

[censored] get over it.

I can see the technical merit of what he did, and he makes a good case for the dark check... but calm the [censored] down. god.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:51 PM

That wasn't the real David Williams.