Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 11:21 PM

Default Re: sorry sir your tricks will not work on me

well i might as well post the results of the hand. like i said i put him on a wide range which could include a big pair but also includes crap. since he knows this he would never not value bet a big pair since mine looks like some 99 looking him up.

in the hand, he checked behind with 67s. guess he was waiting for his straight on 6th.

though i think i played it ok and obviously got some money from a hand that completely missed the flop, i think this hand illustrates how important it is to be aware of stack sizes. had i been more aware of how short i would be on the river, a better line would have been to weak lead turn and hope he raises. i think this line works best if i have a pot sized bet left because he shoves every time. and el d is right about when i am super deep, then a "blocking bet" would be pretty sweet if he really has balls.

so yeah i thought this hand was interesting mostly for the purposes of showing how being aware of stack sizes can make or break a hand. i think if i lead 150 on the turn he might shove.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:19 AM

Excellent posts for the reason you stated - explaining a very important point many neglect to address. I'm still very surprised by how many people really like your line here. I agree w/ your turn weak lead as a strong option.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:48 AM

I think he folds to an all-in. I think the all in would have worked if the board was better coordinated on the flop and it looked like the hero missed his draw and was trying to buy the pot, then he might call with an inferior hand thinking he has it won.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:56 AM

What does pushing the river gain you? What could he have that he would call with? He's super-aggressive, you have to give him a chance to bluff to get the money in the pot. A push will cause him to fold, he knows he has nothing to call with, so he won't. But if hero checks, i.e., shows weakness, then the villian does the betting for him.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What does pushing the river gain you? What could he have that he would call with? He's super-aggressive, you have to give him a chance to bluff to get the money in the pot. A push will cause him to fold, he knows he has nothing to call with, so he won't. But if hero checks, i.e., shows weakness, then the villian does the betting for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the great post, you obviously have it all figured out.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:56 AM

done with FTR dsaxton??
Old 10-25-2005, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you feel differently if i have at least 1k in my stack?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. Then i like your line.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this hand is heads up

and no it isn't fishy on this board it looks weak as hell imo...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, it looks weak, however I dont think a river lead looks that strong (especially to an overaggro villain who i think is likely to call w/ a lot). I stick it in and hope his fold button disappears. Your line isnt bad imo, but i think a river push is more profitable.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:38 AM

half pot the river. duh
Old 10-25-2005, 11:47 AM

I'm still very surprised by how many people really like your line here.

You've made how much money on poker over the years and you're surprised many liked this line with that stack size?

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

- C -