Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2004, 03:29 AM

Default Check N\' Raise Poker Opening

Just reminding everyone that the Check N' Raise is opening tomorrow (Saturday 27th) and deposits start at 4pm EST. If you've pre-registered before certain dates you get added deposit bonuses. This has been the only poker room I've looked forward to opening so I hope they're player friendly and run smooth.
Old 11-27-2004, 04:28 AM

Default Re: Check N\' Raise Poker Opening

Looks okay, anyone heard/know anything about the reputation of this room?
Old 11-27-2004, 08:25 AM

I think its pretty weak that they don't have any screenshots of the software up on the site yet.
Old 11-27-2004, 02:10 PM

They're just beginning, they don't have a reputation yet. But Dynamite Poker, which has merged into this new venture along with some new investors (and Bob Chiaffone as a figurehead), used to be a very friendly little place with good support and reliable cash outs. If they can unite the good things about Dynamite with a lager player base and better looking graphics, then it might be worth checking out.
Old 11-27-2004, 02:34 PM

ya the website just says it is opening today at 4pm eastern. You can't register or do anything? Is this just right now b/c they are so close to release?
Old 11-27-2004, 03:13 PM

Yes, there was beta testing that ended recently so they had freerolls to test their software. They also had pre-registration on the website but they've closed it all down so that they can open it up and go live today in a couple of hours.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:27 PM

tried loading the site a few hours ago, and it didn't load. checked now, 30 minutes after their "grand opening" and it still says "opening at 4pm EST"....

future looks grim for them.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:38 PM

Dynamite Poker is a major force behind this new site. I played on the original Dynamite site from it's beta days (over 4 years ago). It never grew for numbers of reasons, however the support staff and integrity of the site are beyond question. They are "good folks" and their support was always extremely good.

I have had many cashouts at Dynamite over these years, and never a problem.

I have been playing the beta site for them, and it looks like it's close to being ready......supposedly tonight at 6:30pm.....It appears that they're still working out some of the software kinks.........

I'll be playing there, and I have absolutely no problem in recommending this site to any here on 2+2. Those of you who know me also know that I do not give out recommendations lightly.........

Myrt.........
Old 11-27-2004, 05:52 PM

They are now opening at 6:30 EST, according to the site.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:00 PM

Check n Raise Poker.com
is opening today at 6:30 pm EST instead of 4PM.

We are doing a manual triple-check to ensure account balances are correct, and will be online as soon as this is done.

If you have any questions, please call Customer Service at 1.877.44.POKER (1.877.447.6537) or e-mail support@checknraisepoker.com. Thank you for your patience.

This is what their website now says. A triple check?? Is that short for - "we [censored] up somewhere and so just give us some more time" or "we hit the snooze one too many times" or "we aren't really going to open up a site and are going to take anyone's money who pre-registered - MUHAHAHA"

Hopefully none are the case and they really are just trying to be causcious and make sure they have a quality product and accurate figures before going public. But would a triple check really take that long? I can't imagine they had that many people sign up already? Did they have monkeys doing the checks the first two times??