Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 10:04 AM

Default Re: Llabb\'s Locks (NBA)

YTD 66-56, but flat on units due to juice and bad 2u plays.

Monday night games, will try the +odds strategy, see how it goes.

Mia -9 +118
NO +8 +106
Old 11-28-2005, 05:06 PM

llabb, welcome back (thought we'd lost you).

don't have lines in front of me. but looking at playing

toronto +8 vs. dallas (we'll want to make up for disaster @ GSW saturday, and i think we've achieved competence at home)

NJN +9 @ denver.... i think that's what i saw, although my #1 book doesn't have it up yet. anyhow, i know tired NJN and denver great at home, but that's alot of points.

apologize if those spreads are incorrect.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
llabb, welcome back (thought we'd lost you).

don't have lines in front of me. but looking at playing

toronto +8 vs. dallas (we'll want to make up for disaster @ GSW saturday, and i think we've achieved competence at home)

NJN +9 @ denver.... i think that's what i saw, although my #1 book doesn't have it up yet. anyhow, i know tired NJN and denver great at home, but that's alot of points.

apologize if those spreads are incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]
sm, agree with the toronto pick. Toronto has been playing much better and 8 is just too many points.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:05 AM

Sorry, didn't check back here in time to see this. Hope you enjoyed the winners on both games you were looking at anyway! I probably would have said that I like the Toronto game, but not the NJ game. Denver is good at home, and NJ sucks on the road. Even after the match, I think if Carmelo had played, Den would have won that one.

Anyway, hope that capping is treating you well. Am posting Tues games now, but will check back during the day tomorrow.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:14 AM

Last night: 1-1, +0.2u
YTD: 67-57, +0.2u

Nice to be up a tiny amount instead of down a tiny amount even when you go 1-1. I'm liking this approach, and will take the + odds when a half point is at 10 cents or more, even though I hate losing the points.

Tues games:

Phi -9 +102
Orl +7 +125

LAC/Min U 187 +102
Ind/Uta U 179 +103

Had to grit my teeth on that Orl one, since the scared side of me prefers the +8, and it's even on the positive side at +104. But the +125 looks too good to me for just 1 point. Maybe I'm just a sucker. We'll see.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:44 PM

Like a couple more games tonight.

Atl +8 +107
Cha +7 +105

Phi/Por AH O 97.5 -110
Atl/Hou U 176 +100

Getting too many points on these live dogs. Cha pretty good since Gerald Wallace returned. For Atl/Hou, T-Mac still iffy. If he plays, line is fair, if not, that is a huge amount of points for a horrible Hou team.

Phi is a scoring machine, line is usually around 200+, but Por is awful. Taking the chance of a blowout and therefore low-scoring 4th Q out of the equation by taking the 1st H Over. Atl/Hou low scoring teams, and as mentioned earlier, if T-Mac does not play, this is a great line, and still okay even if he does.

Also like a small amount on the ML's for the dogs posted above, as well as LAC and Utah, but these are small fun plays and am not counting them for record.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:52 PM

Early Wed:

Det -5 +119
NOK +8 +101

Think Det matches up well here, able to contain NJ's Big 3, while dominating them down low. -4 is too little IMO, even on NJ's home court. Continuing my +odds strategy because +119 looks pretty good to me for the extra point.

NOK has been solid this year, with Chris Paul and David West stepping up. Overall record pretty close to Denver in fact. Denver good at home, but laying way too many points with Melo out. +8.5 looks solid for NOK to me, again giving a little bit on the line to get +odds though.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:18 PM

Not playing this for record, just small plays for myself. Phi/Por is a track meet, only had low 1Q b/c Phi couldn't buy a bucket shooting under 35%. Pace should continue.

Phi/Por 2H O 94
Old 11-30-2005, 04:10 PM

Last night: 4-4, +0.1u
YTD: 71-61, +0.2u

Was 1H -6 +102
Ind +2 +113
Sac +5 +105
Cha +6 +107
Chi +1 +102

In most cases, taking the better team while on the road but getting points.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:25 PM

Not much action tomorrow. I gave SA -3 and Uta -3, and they both opened at -2.5. If Uta was giving any more points, LAL would be a possibility, but both teams are awful. Only Thurs play for now:

LAL/Uta U 176 +103 2u

Both teams are awful, and both records have some real stinkers in them in the 150's and 160's. Playing against each other, this just looks nasty. And in Utah, with them dictating the pace, it should be Jerry Sloan slow-it-down ball. Giricek likely out for another game loses some of the little O Uta has, while AK back will bring blocks and defense, but not add a ton to offense. Kobe a bricklayer this season against decent D's, and he hogs all the shots. Uta allows the fewest shot attempts in the league, and out of shots taken, both teams suck at 41%.

Like the play, but my 2u's have sucked, so tread lightly.