Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 02:02 AM

Default B & M hand - no poker theory, just a good beat story

I spent the day at Lucky Chances in the SF Bay. I had planned on playing 6-12, but the games were too tight. I was surprised by this, since most Bay Area clubs seem pretty loose. Anyhow, I got a seat in the 4-8 Omaha Game. It had a couple tight players, but lots of fishies, including one who raised frequently on lots of strange crap, and he was particularly fond of ANY double suited hand.

I limp UTG with AQQs3s. 5 or 6 players see a flop of
Js6s4s. There kinds of flops are, at least for me, a bitch to play. Depending on what the other players have, I could be a huge favorite or be drawing dead to a deuce.

I bet out and this aforementioned aggressive bad player raised. There was one cold caller. I called, but had a bad feeling that I was the meat in their sandwhich. The turn was an offsuit 3. Yummy!. I now had this feeling that maybe folding was correct. But I got some good news, both players checked. I don't know what in the hell they have, but A2 and nut spades seem to be things they DON'T have. Now the river comes a tasty little red deuce....

So now I bet and things start getting interesting and a bit ugly....

The agggressive bad player starts putting chips into the pot by cutting out stacks and the player behind him folds (yeah, he should probably wait until the action is completed, but at least he managed to wait until the other player was putting in chips.) Now the player who was acting stops in his tracks and pulls back his chips. What in the hell is up with that! I spoke up and said that I don't know what this guy intends to do, but there has been action and there is no way he is folding. This got him mad at me. He seemed like he was going to go ahead and call rather than force me to get a decision, but then something strange happens. He says "I'm gonna raise". Now maybe I should come right back over the top, but this guy might have been getting cute with a monster, so I said "call" in roughly a nanosecond and put out the required chips. Now this moron puts out one bet. So now I am pretty sure he isn't holding a nut flush and I insist that he put in the chips. He gets very nasty and says he wants to "get me". He does however put the chips in the pot and now I wait for his cards. He's got 8766. Next hand he raises on total crap and "gets me" by making me fold KJ54 on the kill. Before I leave he blows off at least $150 and rebuys. Sweet.

Jim