Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Bellagio

I stopped by the Bellagio poker room the other night. It was very busy but two hosts were standing at the podium. I stood no more than one foot from them while they continued to talk to each other and not acknowledge me. It was almost interesting how they could avoid responding to myself (and others) who were standing there for that long. I finally asked the woman, "Do you work here?" - she rudely replied, "Why, yes!" I asked if they were spreading any O8. She said in a sneering manner, "Well we don't have any 4/8 now." Pause, pause. Then she added, "We only have 20/40". I had to ask if the game was going now and she told me to go talk to a man at another podium.
I walked over there and just as I arrived the man working there walked away to attend to something. I waited nearly five minutes with others who were also waiting - he never came back, so I said "Screw this". And left.
I experienced something very similar a couple of months ago when I went in looking for a game - I had to stop a man who was walking through the room to see about getting on a list for a game and he rudely replied "We're not spreading any Omaha now, the game just broke" - this was after searching in vain for several minutes for someone in charge of keeping a list.
The only time I actually did play there the staff was polite but a player raised a huge scene where he threatened the dealer and other players, saying, "I live here and I'll be back, I know who you are."
For those of you who are very familiar with the Bellagio poker room, is this typical, or have I just had incredibly bad luck? It so far seems like the "emperor with no clothes" -
Old 08-04-2005, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Bellagio

[ QUOTE ]
For those of you who are very familiar with the Bellagio poker room, is this typical

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not real familiar with the Bellagio poker room because I don't usually go there much anymore when I'm in LV. I don't go there much because what you describe was very typical every time I went there.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:39 AM

From reading the user reviews on Allvegaspoker, it seems like quite a few people have encountered this type of attitude there.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:05 PM

I find that, unless you want to play in the higher limit games, you are treated like cattle.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:06 PM

I particularly like the staff there.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:29 PM

What you are saying about the bellagio is right on the money. Almost anyone who lives here has experienced the exact same thing, which is why many of us, including myself, rarely play there. When you've got 20 bzillion people waiting to play in your room, what's your motivation to be customer service oriented? What's your motivation to cater to one more person who wants to play 4-8? None, according to most of the bellagio staff. Let's not even get into the crap they let fly at the high limit games.

al
Old 08-04-2005, 12:52 PM

Played there twice & got the same exact treatment. Rude, standoffish, you know the works. Try the Mirage - 180 degree difference.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:08 PM

Maybe things have changed in a few months...

I was there the first week of March and received the exact opposite. They were very pleasant and professional to deal with.

In fact I went there on Tuesday to sign up for the Wed tourney. Came in early on Wed and asked if they were seating yet and the lady at the desk remembered me from the day before even though I had never been there prior to Tues. That was impressive considering the number of people going through each day.

Maybe you guys are just jerks...(keeding, I keed you [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )
Old 08-04-2005, 01:21 PM

Maybe it's gone downhill since Susan Lederer retired.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:27 PM

The first and LAST time I ever played there, I waited 1.5 hours for a NL seat. When I got it, I politely asked for a table change as I wanted to sit at another game. The response: "Sir we have people on the waiting list that have been waiting for a table longer than you have been waiting for a table change, no can do." I was like...WTF does that have to do with anything???? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]