Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Re: PP 10/20. I went too far with these jacks.

Snowball,

As you said, his play indicates big pocket pair. With that info, I like your play on 4th. Once his pairs on 5th, I think you've got to release.

BTW - any progress on your bet with Sklansky??

- Mac
Old 11-23-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As you said, his play indicates big pocket pair. With that info, I like your play on 4th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming that he has a bigger pocket pair than his Jacks why do you think raising is the optimum play?
Old 11-23-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Assuming that he has a bigger pocket pair than his Jacks why do you think raising is the optimum play?

[/ QUOTE ]

As my hand posts indicate, I may raise to limit the field in too many spots. Maybe this is one of those cases. I just like raising one small bet to push Seat 7 out (although the reraise would suck). I know what Seat 1 has, so I can wait to see which one of us makes two pair first. If it's Hero, two pair likely takes down the pot.

- Mac
Old 11-23-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Snowball,

As you said, his play indicates big pocket pair. With that info, I like your play on 4th. Once his pairs on 5th, I think you've got to release.

BTW - any progress on your bet with Sklansky??

- Mac

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my thoughts on fourth was "ok, if I raise and get reraised then the rest of the hand becomes a crapshoot and I'll have to chase, which is bad." Unfortunately, I ended up chasing anyway [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I agree fifth is terrible.

I think I'm goint to win the bet vs. Sklansky. Things aren't going well with the girl in my class. She's getting really deep into the spirituality industry of yoga, etc., and spending a lot of time working on dubious theater/film projects pro bono. Its like we live in two different worlds.
Have you ever heard that Beck song on his album Mellow Gold called "Nightmare Hippy Girl"? Sometimes she reminds me of that song.
On the upside, it looks like I'm going to be 100 dollars richer. Maybe then I can afford to make more fifth street calls like this one. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Snowball