Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2004, 01:31 PM

Default overpair and top two get paired

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button folds.

River: (9.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero.....?
Old 12-10-2004, 01:41 PM

Default Re: overpair and top two get paired

Check/call. BB could have an 8 that feared the flush on the turn, or he could have some sort of busted draw (a lone 9 or T). I think you're definitely good more than 1 time in 10 here.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:42 PM

Checks. Unless BB is a moron, he won't call you with a worse hand -- any hand that beats the board also beats/ties you.

The more interesting part is whether you should call if he bets. The only hand that might bluff at this that you'd beat is a straight draw, so you'd need a read on whether your opponent is the sort who'd take a shot with that kind of hand.

FWIW I'd call a bet but I'm notably loose on the river [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2004, 02:56 PM

I disagree, I bet the river here because I do beat the board. He may put me on a bluff and call with his A. He may decide I have an 8 or 7 and fold his TT. If he raises, I probably fold, but like you, I am probably going to call one bet back on the check just because I beat the board, but by betting I give him every opportunity to out think himself into folding. If he just calls, I am no worse off checking and calling anyway.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:11 PM

Bet if you're capable of folding to a raise...and you think he'd just call with Ace high.

Alex