Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 02:01 AM

Default I now fold AK a lot pf.

I used to find it very hard to lay down AK. Not anymore. And rarely do I regret folding it when I do.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:09 AM

Default Re: I now fold AK a lot pf.

I'm rarely calling an all-in with AK, but I am definitely getting myself AI with it quite often.

One thing that has definitely changed though is preflop play with it I am far more willing to simply call as opposed to "AK? RAISE, RAISE, RAISE!"
Old 09-26-2005, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to find it very hard to lay down AK. Not anymore. And rarely do I regret folding it when I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

That = next step in my game.

I rarely can find a fold for it... and i'm sure i should be finding some times to do so.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:16 AM

My rule with AK: I won't risk my tournament life with it if I have a decent stack and someone infront has wen't all-in..

I will however always call a raise with it and see a flop, only way I lay it down is raise-re-raise from tight players

I definitely don't raise a raiser, always just call and I can either outplay him or he can outplay me on the flop.. no re-raising with non-made hands
Old 09-26-2005, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That = next step in my game.

I rarely can find a fold for it... and i'm sure i should be finding some times to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

MY Ft appearance tonight was a direct result of my folding AK twice during the tourney. I would have busted out both times if I had called.

I love AK with a deep stack. But when stacks are tight, yet the table is still full, I'm wary of it. I'm quite willing to shove with it myself, but when someone shoves in front of me, I'll take any excuse to fold it.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I definitely don't raise a raiser, always just call and I can either outplay him or he can outplay me on the flop.. no re-raising with non-made hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright THATS just a bit too weak tight..

There are times when i won't re-raise with it.. especially early on when i awnt to keep the pot small.. but later on you definitely can/should 3 bet with it, with a few exceptions.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My rule with AK: I won't risk my tournament life with it if I have a decent stack and someone infront has wen't all-in..

I will however always call a raise with it and see a flop, only way I lay it down is raise-re-raise from tight players

[/ QUOTE ]

This is horrible horrible horrible weak tight advice.

not reraising with "not made hands" is stupid. It is made if he has AQ. Don't just make these ridiculous rules that are supposed to cover every situation. If the money is deep and I have position, I may just call, but I'm usually reraising it preflop. If the stacks are short, im looking to get all in with it.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright THATS just a bit too weak tight..

There are times when i won't re-raise with it.. especially early on when i awnt to keep the pot small.. but later on you definitely can/should 3 bet with it, with a few exceptions.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya I guess, I'm kind of an advocate of HOH (Though not in a robotic sense), but I think since that's where I learned almost all of my play, I tend to just call after a raise (Against tight players if I forgot to add.. against people who have been playing like over 20% of hands, I'll throw in a raise)
Old 09-26-2005, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I won't risk my tournament life with it if I have a decent stack and someone infront has wen't all-in..

[/ QUOTE ]

"I won't risk my tournament life" is one the most overused, and retarded cliches in MTT-talk. If you don't risk your tournament "life" then that life will be shortlived.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:24 AM

Agreed, people say it all the time that it's 'too early' to be risking the tournament... screw that, if i go out early, maybe it's a little frustrating, but atleast you didnt waste 3 hours to go out on the bubble.. you have to accumulate and to do the bulk of that acquiring you hvae to risk a lot, or all of your chips.