Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 04:27 PM

Default Re: madden \'05

madden sux. espn has been my game for years. switch over.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:10 AM

Hi,
There is only one technique to effective offensive in this game, called the "studda step."
Run your player at a 45 degree angle to the line of scrimmage toward the sideline and then completely let go of the analog stick, and press the juke toward the sideline. If you do it right, your player will do a "studda step" like juke where he kind of fakes forward and then "slides" to the outside. The defenders are terribly stupid against this move, they are totally paralyzed for an instant and just start running in the wrong direction before recovering. It works best on a counter or slam play, you immediately start doing the move as you get the ball and just do it over and over, making your way to the sidelines. You can consistantly get 15 yard gains this way and if you're any good you can use it again back toward the middle to get past the safety who is usually the only guy in position to make the tackle(the opposing d is often around the hash marks when you cross the line of scrimmage near the sideline.) If he does the thing where he bounces up off the ground you did it wrong. The key is to make sure you let up on the button completely, but still have your player moving forward a little due to his momentum when you press the R1.
There is also an onside kick technique that you can get back about 80% of the time but I can't remember how to do it. I used these two to win by 250 in a 6 minute quarter all madden game, with Trung Candidate breaking the 1,500 yard barrier in one game.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:33 AM

on another madden post...
i have a franchise with 2 other guys in madden '06. the very first season 7 differnet players ran for over 2k yards including Vick for 2100 and LT for 2600.

this normal for anyone else?
(none of our players approached 2k yards)
Old 10-09-2005, 11:06 AM

some good ideas listed above. here are some additional.

for deep passing- a fast reciever is KEY. the trick is to switch into control of the reciever once the QB has launched the ball. once you have control of the WR, push off of the DB by pressing the analog stick back towards his direction, followed by initiating a speed burst right away. this should create the necessary gap that will help you catch the ball nearly every time. once you see the ball dropping towards the target, saunter over, make sure to pull it in via the triangle button, and then high-step your way to paydirt.

kickoffs- use the squib kick. finding out the proper power/accuracy ratio is an art more than a science as it is different for each kicker. in general, you want to aim the kick slightly off center and the power and accuracy should be less than full. your goal is to have the ball land in front of the 2nd to last line of the recieving team, where an unsuspecting returner will be confused at seeing the ball and will proceed to run around the ball instead of picking it up. this should give you plenty time to sprint down the sidelines and scoop up the pigskin for a game-changing turnover.

g'luck
Old 10-09-2005, 01:18 PM

Madden '05 is one of the shittiest sports sims ever released. It was so bad EA had to monopolize rights to publish NFL videogames to stay competitive.

Here's the reason Madden '05 sucks. When you're on offense, just do a bunch of formation changes. This fatigues the defense. Easy winning from there.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:53 PM

OK, here's 2 things that I want to figure out:

1. How do you jam guys at the line of scrimmage? Is it B? I need to shut dowm some of these recevers.

2. Here is one that pisses me off. When you hit the top part of the button that controls the players movement, does that make him go towards the end zone OR straight in front of the player? I think its the second way cuz when a guy is running towards the sideline, he keeps going toward the sideline when I want him to turn up the field. Anyone know what I mean?
Old 10-11-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. How do you jam guys at the line of scrimmage? Is it B? I need to shut dowm some of these recevers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Triangle + D-pad Down to jam the recievers at the line

Triangle + D-pad Left to bring the safeties up in the box and stuff against the run
Old 10-11-2005, 09:11 PM

OK, I'll try to convert to xbox. (I know I can bring the safeties in though.)
Old 10-11-2005, 09:53 PM

Create a Full back with 100 overall, total speed and great hands. Your HB will get at least 1400 yards by doing this. Plus this FB will be a great option for 5-15 yard 3rd down-type passes to the sides.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bump for more ideas.

what about the deep passing game? is there a trick to catching more bombs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Make a wide receiver who is like 6'7" with 100 overall who can jump. Bomb them deep and he can go up and get them.

Also, on defense, get great corner backs and safetys. If you can have the lead by the end of the third quarter, just use the Cover 2 defense and you'll get about 2-5 picks in the fourth quarter alone and end up scoring more points with your defense than with offense.

What happens is the opponent is trailing with little time left so they are forced to throw the ball to keep the clock from running and they try to pass to the sidelines to run out of bounds. When they do this, the cover 2 is very aggressive and will run up and pick those lobs off.