Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 12:01 AM

Default Tell me what you think of this hand

Just as a sidenote I put EP limper on a small pair.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button (t1020)
Hero (t1540)
BB (t3850)
UTG (t6662)
UTG+1 (t1495)
UTG+2 (t1360)
MP1 (t1398)
MP2 (t4120)
MP3 (t2170)
CO (t2035)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls t150, 1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls t150, 5 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t600) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks.

Turn: (t600) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 bets t425</font>, Hero raises to t850</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls t425.

River: (t2300) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t2300
Old 10-07-2005, 12:24 AM

Default Re: Tell me what you think of this hand

I don't like the check there on the flop with four people in the hand. I think you are still ahead though. It can be a dangerous check though with people limping with mid pocket pairs and having a free flop in order to turn you by hitting their two outer.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:30 AM

Default Re: Tell me what you think of this hand

ur two checks are weird. he could of hit his up and down straight draw. a ckeck at river sucks, but a defensive bet usually does nothing in a low buy in tourney. ur screwed and u did it to ur self checking the flop.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:14 AM

Default Re: Tell me what you think of this hand, Rationale

I checked the flop intending to check raise. When nobody bet, and the queen came off, I figured I was committed to calling any bets, given the high percentage% of bluffing, so I might as well try to induce the bluff.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I checked the flop intending to check raise. When nobody bet, and the queen came off, I figured I was committed to calling any bets, given the high percentage% of bluffing, so I might as well try to induce the bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. I wasn't sure if you were going for the check raise or not. Obviously the problem with the check raise is the fact that sometimes it can be worked. I would just lead out on the flop given that flop.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:26 AM

i dont think the is the flop for a CR with a 4way pot. noone has shown any strength pf so take it down with a bet.

just realized u CR mini style and left urself with 500 for the river. that is terrible if ur gonna CR put ur whole stack in
Old 10-07-2005, 02:56 AM

yeah just realized I didn't check raise enough to put my opponent all-in. My opponent only had about 300 left though