Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2005, 12:48 PM

Default a couple of hands would like comments on.

Here are 2 hands from my the unbelivable loose tables I was at last night. The I saw the table being 4 or 5 capped PF and calling all the way down with A4o it was amazing.

HAND #1
PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Should I have checked in hopes of a check raise?

Turn: (4.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Once the BB caps I thought to my self "sweet" He has completed his flush or was fishy enough to have played K8o

River: (14.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 22.70 BB

HAND #2
PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Being late postion, should have raised? (uh-yeah tool)

Flop: (8 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds.

Should have raised the flop? If I had rasied the flop and it was 3-bet back to me, Do I consider my self possibly beat here then go to call down mode?

Turn: (6.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

At this point should I just be calling down?

River: (18.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 27.50 BB

Both hands were pretty ugly I post the results later. I am more interested if I have played these hands correctly.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: a couple of hands would like comments on.

Hand 1: I play the same, you are behind to exactly one hand. If he has it, well...nh them..the majority of the time you'll be shown A8 or the flush to make the cap profitable. You can't C/r the flop...you are last to act... so bet is good
Hand 2:
Raise preflop. Raise the flop. Even if the flush comes you have redraws to the full house. Start building a pot now. Slow down on the river. Just call a 3-bet
Old 03-02-2005, 12:54 PM

Love the avatar -

Hand 1 - Perfectly fine. Ummm, if you check/raise the flop, there's no one behind you.

Hand 2 - Raise pre-flop. I'd raise the flop. Probably just check/call the river. Definitely don't cap.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:01 PM

Hand 1 - I dig.

(And checking the flop would suck so huge I can't even think of the words to describe the suckiness of such a play. Here's the biggest reason why: "Here are 2 hands from my the unbelivable loose tables I was at last night. The I saw the table being 4 or 5 capped PF and calling all the way down with A4o it was amazing.")

Hand 2 - I would raise pre-flop. I would also raise/cap the flop if given the chance. I don't hate the turn cap, even though the BB 3-betting is probably really bad news for your hand. I think the river raise is bad.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Love the avatar -

[/ QUOTE ]

OH YEAH! I love Kirsten, Makes me drool all over my self.

Back to the Hands.....

Ya in hand #1 when I wrote this I should have noticed I was in the CO [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Sorry for asking a stupid question.

I really never thought I was beat here, I thought at worest it was a split with AK

But anyways I lost:

*** SHOW DOWN ***
laldaas: shows K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a full house, Kings full of Eights)
BB: shows 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (four of a kind, Eights)
BB collected 22.70BB from pot

I guess ya just pout to your self and say NH

Hand #2

I guess I did this one to my self. With no PF raise from me it allowed the the BB to check the flop.(Although even with a PF raise I am sure these maniacs would have called, making it even more a reason to raise here I guess)

Yes I should have raised the flop but knowing the end now I am glad I didn't.

The turn raise I cant see being bad consider BB didnt show strength on the flop (should I have feared the raise from UTG+1), However I see now the cap was a bad.

Also the bad cap on the river.

Do I ever lay this hand down? The pot was just way to big.

*** SHOW DOWN ***
laldaas: shows K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Kings)
BB: shows K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a full house, Kings full of Sevens)
BB collected 27.50BB from pot
Old 03-02-2005, 02:40 PM

Hand #1-not much you can do....I might have slowed down on the river after BB went gonzo on the turn, but then again, probably not.

Hand #2-It is play like this that is keeping me from becoming a decent player, so I can't criticize it. I can't figure out what the hell BB was doing on the flop, unless he planned to c/r and misclicked, but that play right there would've hurt me, cuz I would be thinking: "BB ch/called flop-he can't have me beaten."
Old 03-02-2005, 03:51 PM

All I can gather is possibly BB is a decent player but for tonight was just playing laggy. He puts me on any hand I am going to play aggresive and sucks me in once he flops the boat.

I was pretty dumb founded at the fact that this hand was being played but at my own fault for not raising the flop.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:57 PM

Hand #1 is played perfectly.

Hand #2 has some questionable plays. A case could be given for not raising pre-flop. It's not an auto-raise here.

On the flop, raising it is one option as you make flush draws pay to hit their cards but slow-playing a strong hand such as 3 King with a Q kicker is another option.

On the turn though, calling the 3 bet or making it a cap is another questionable play.

On the river, however, I think you should be in check/call down mode. The river should not have gone to 2 bets much less 4.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:10 PM

Hand 1: Good.

Hand 2: I raise preflop. I like the cap on the turn, especially with those other two players padding the pot. I don't like like cap on the river, especially after both padders are out. You're heads up with an aggressor who capped it on the turn, and I think you're gonna run into a boat far too often.