Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Open up your blind stealing hands to hands like K9s, or even Q9o
No 0 0%
Depends on table tightness 8 19.05%
Yes 34 80.95%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2005, 02:39 AM

Default Re: Dating smarter / not as smart girls...your thoughts

I think there is a big distinction between dumb and not as smart as you. Its like SAT levels for chosing a school. You want to be somewhere in the school's range, but its not all that matters. I believe that mutual respect is very important, and I can't imagine myself having much respect for someone apathetic or dumb.

I have always been attracted to the smartest/wittiest girls I knew, but when I actually fell in love, it was with a girl who is not as smart as me, but still intelligent, kind/caring, beautiful, interested, and hard-working. These are all factors that can lead to a fufilling relationship.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:52 AM

I only dated one woman who was MUCH smarter than me. I hae to admit, I liked it for the most part. There were some other things that just couldn't be worked out.

ALso, I would have liked an option for "as smart or smarter."

I would never date someone who was less than just marginally below my intelligence level.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:17 AM

ATM Im dating a female who has 5 years on me and is Def smarter then I by a good margin, yet it is good times.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:27 AM

we ain't all straight ballers, playa
Old 12-06-2005, 10:16 AM

its annoying as hell to date a [censored], the sex was usuually good but that can only really get you through the first month or so. I like smart or smarter personally, less annoying.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:59 AM

my best relationship was a girl smarter than me. it was awesome. the conversations were amazing
Old 12-06-2005, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I would have liked an option for "as smart or smarter."

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this fully. Personally, I have no problems if I had a gf/wife that made more then me and/or was smarter then me. I don't see the bfd about being with a girl like that, the whole I'm a man I have to be the bread winner is lame IMO. If I am the breadwinner cool, if I'm not, cool, doesn't change any feelings that I'd have towards her

I personally can't stand dumb people and usually end up insulting them even if I have just met them(its too easy sometimes and they are too dumb to notice).
Old 12-06-2005, 04:29 PM

Default Thank you for all the responses

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I would have liked an option for "as smart or smarter."

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this fully.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I almost structured the poll to have inbetween answers like this...but I thought I'd just keep it simple. I think the "breadwinner" and "guys date dumber girls" concepts are outdated by decades if anything. One of my friends is married to a dentist who makes almost twice as much as he does, and he loves it (plus she's nice and a hottie.) Just because you're dating June Cleaver or the local waitress doesn't mean she's dumber than you - so much for Paglia's BS (she was mostly writing about a backlash against feminism and how women CEO's can't get dates, but I digress).

I think that most people like to date people similar to them in most respects (intelligence, physical attractiveness, interests, sense of humor, etc.) This is nothing new. And if they're significantly smarter or hotter or better at p***r, then so much the better. I think I'll tell my girl that her mom was either full of it / antiquated / jealous of her, and that guys today find intelligence attractive. Except for the Notorious BIG. Thanks for the discussion.