Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Bet how much on flop?

Yes, it's similar, but there's two differences. One is you posted a specific hand, where you know you have 2 overcards. The other is that you are OOP (unfortunately you were called by the button and not by a blind). If I had been called by a blind, and the blind bet into me, I would fold, because I would expect someone betting into me after I had shown strength pre-flop to have strength.

In the hand you posted, I think pushing is the right play, and I think it's clear. It's a difficult call for the button, even if he has a Jack. A smaller bet, and he might call, which you definately don't want, let alone him coming over the top. Also with 6 outs if he does call and you're behind, you still have almost a 1 in 4 chance of sucking out. So I like pushing here.

Thanks for the link. It's a very common scenario to fold a bunch of hands, and then get to a situation where you start thinking about stealing, or wake up with a legitamate raising hand which misses the flop, so it's good to have a plan of attack in mind.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Bet how much on flop?

[ QUOTE ]
Hi tewall,

Your post reminded me of a hand I posted a while back here. That may help you out a little. Without any other information that may sway my decision, I tend to push in the situation you describe.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? with 600 in stack and 325 in the middle i'd cbet 200 here hit or miss. stack would have to be more like 450 before i'd just push (and i'm kinda fishy - i'd be much more likely to push with something like a gutshot than if i had AA - i'd likely bet 175 with AA).