Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Don\'t like PokerStat - alternative programs?

I split my time pretty evenly between Hold 'em and Omaha-8 and I've been using PokerStat to track them both for the past 10 months. The only reason I even bought PokerStat was because it was the only stat tracking software that could handle O8 - at least that I am aware of. Is there another?

Anyway, I'm not as impressed with PokerStat as I was 10 months ago and I am looking for suggestions for another program. Also, using PokerStat limits me to playing exclusively at Paradise and PStars. At the microlimits that I currently play, finding a good game at either Paradise or Stars is not a big deal. But I assume that when I eventually move up, table selection will become more important so ideally I would like a program that keeps up with all the major poker sites.

Additional Question: If I find out that there are no other programs for O8, do you think it is worth the added expense and inconvenience of having both PokerStat and Poker Tracker - using Tracker for all HE games and PStat for O8?

Thanks for your input.
-Hash
Old 01-14-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Don\'t like PokerStat - alternative programs?

PokerTracker really plays in it's own league, but it only supports Hold'em.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:55 AM

Default Re: Don\'t like PokerStat - alternative programs?

I have them both and IMO both have paid for themselves many times over. I don't know how anyone playing .5/1 or above could afford not to buy PT. I also don't know of a substitute for PS.