Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Did I get too scared?

I am in CO with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, I call, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks

Flop Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB bets, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, I call

Turn 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB bets, BB calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, I raise, SB calls, BB folds, MP3 calls (all in),

River 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB bets, I call

Now, On the flop I feared flush as there were lots of opponenets draws and a raise was not going to get rid of anyone.

Turn, safe card so I raise. River, player bets into a turn raiser, has that given him 2pair??? I called.

Did I chicken out on this one?
Old 01-11-2005, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Did I get too scared?

Looks fine to me.

-d
Old 01-11-2005, 01:46 PM

looks fine.
in my current mental state, i'm folding QJo in CO. primarily for reasons like this hand.
when i flop top pair against a large passive field, i am unsure how to proceed.
thinking about it some more, i agree, you won't clear anyone one with a flop raise, but you have a chance of getting a free turn card and getting to a cheap showdown. and, SB might 3-bet and force more people out (and give you a clue you are way behind)

so, i dunno. i hate QJo.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:47 PM

I'd raise the flop, am I wrong?
Old 01-11-2005, 01:49 PM

I raise the flop too.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise the flop, am I wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm with you.
Barring any reliable reads of SB as a super tight player that won't bet the flop with anything less than TPTK, I think you have to raise here. There are too many possible benefits to raising.

-There was no raise PF so I have to think that I'm ahead at the moment and a raise will give me a better idea of whether or not I really am ahead at the moment.

-Make the drawing hands pay when you have position. Whatever falls on the turn or river, you will have a good idea of whether or not it helped anyone before you put anymore $ in the pot. You may even get a free card. Although I would bet again on the turn if it were checked to me and I was not reraised on the flop (unless the turn is a scare card).

-If SB 3-bets it will do one of 2 things:
a.) It will drive 1 or 2 the hands between you.
b.) It won't drive anyone out and you can call one more small bet to a pot with 23 small bets in already.
I don't mind either scenerio.

Maybe that's just me
-Hash
Old 01-11-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-Make the drawing hands pay when you have position. Whatever falls on the turn or river, you will have a good idea of whether or not it helped anyone before you put anymore $ in the pot. You may even get a free card. Although I would bet again on the turn if it were checked to me and I was not reraised on the flop (unless the turn is a scare card).
-Hash

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree about making drawing hands pay, but it was highly likely that a drawing hand was out there and another [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] would lose it for me. Didnt want to build a pot only to lose to a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Also I was able to raise the turn and make the drawing hands pay more through a BB raise. If I raised the flop it probably would have checked to me. Happens alot unless someone gets a monster on the turn.

I won the hand, the bettor could not stop loving his pocket 8s
Old 01-11-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-Hash

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree about making drawing hands pay, but it was highly likely that a drawing hand was out there and another [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] would lose it for me. Didnt want to build a pot only to lose to a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

That's weak-tight thinking.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:25 PM

i'm raising this flop too.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:32 PM

Does everyone raise top pair average kicker hands here? Is it a thing that is generally more right than wrong?

Im trying to get out of my weak tight thinking by becoming more agressive. Its a slow process but I think its coming along. Just need to stop expecting the worst all the time