Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2005, 12:04 PM

Default borg 1/2 underboat multileval wierdness

shitty borg 1/2 nl table last night, i have ~350 behind in the sb. a bunch of people limp and the bb is a passive fish, so i complete with j9o.

flop k j x, 2 diamonds.

i check, bb suspiciously bets 10, solid player in ep who knows me well calls, a fish calls, and i call intending to either suck out or superplay the turn, whichever seems more commonsensical at the time. and because peeling is fun.

the turn is a black jack, and i check intending to raise, because the solid player is quite aggro and will most likely bet with anyhting if bb decides to check for some reason, which i think is unlikely. anyway, bb bets 10 again, sp calls, fish folds, i make it 40 to go, bb folds on cue, sp calls hesitantly.

river is the k [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

as im thinking about what to do, sp is fingering 10 reds, and leans over to ask whether i've checked yet. i have a jack. he knows i have a jack. he knows i know this, etc, etc. i decide to check and let him bluff-value bet, because getting raised here would blow, and i really believe he intends on betting with those chips.

thoughts?