Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 02:29 PM

Default Dumping top 2 on the turn

I don't like this hand, because I played it passively, but what else could I do?

SB is 21/9/2

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero folds, SB calls.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Dumping top 2 on the turn

I'll be the first to say, "I don't get it."

You need to call.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:38 PM

3-bet the turn!
Old 05-06-2005, 02:42 PM

And of course by "call" I meant "3-bet". Like you said. Ahem.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3-bet the turn!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was either going to 3 bet or fold. After thinking for a few moments, I decided something was very wrong and folded. Is this an auto 3 bet for you all the time?
Old 05-06-2005, 03:15 PM

it looks to me like to me like SB has AQ or made a set on the turn with QQ. utg could have bet there with a lower 2 pair or less likely made a straight. utg+1 appears to be on a heart draw. i think you were ahead here and i would have raised the flop and 3 bet the turn.

Comments? im new and have decided to stop lurking these forums for hours and put in my 2 cents to see where im at
Old 05-06-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it looks to me like to me like SB has AQ or made a set on the turn with QQ. utg could have bet there with a lower 2 pair or less likely made a straight. utg+1 appears to be on a heart draw. i think you were ahead here and i would have raised the flop and 3 bet the turn.

Comments? im new and have decided to stop lurking these forums for hours and put in my 2 cents to see where im at

[/ QUOTE ]

if he raised the flop i very highly doubt he would have been in the same position to three-bet the turn. besides I think that raising the flop would be wrong anyway, everyone is of course going to call unless it is three bet, and if they do call, you are giving alot of draws the right odds to call the turn and beat you on the river.

To OP:
i know what you mean about not wanting to threebet the turn here, it looks like UTG hit a set of 7's or 9's on the flop. its probably very close to even money EV given no read on UTG. If the read is LAG then three bet of course.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like this hand, because I played it passively, but what else could I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

You could 3bet the turn, for starters.

I'd raise this turn w/ as little as AQ for value and would semi-bluff raise w/ QT, JT, and others.

This is a terrible fold. You should have 3 bet, and if it gets capped fold the river unimproved.

lf
Old 05-06-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this an auto 3 bet for you all the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't wanna speak for rigolleto, but abso-freaking-lutely is this an auto 3bet.

lf
Old 05-06-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is a terrible fold. You should have 3 bet, and if it gets capped fold the river unimproved.

lf

[/ QUOTE ]

is it still a terrible fold if UTG is 16/6/1.5?