Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 10:20 AM

Default Party PL$25 Gone Crazy Lately?

I'm not going to post his screenname, but some new guy the past few nights has been putting the tables on tilt. He pots it pre-flop, sometimes with hands like 2-4-6-7, somehow catches, and gets 3 people to move all-in. I tried to gamble with him, but once again lost. Of course his VP$IP is around 60%, and I think he gives all of the money back at the end of every night.

The pots were huge at both of my tables last night. I was up about $180 at one point, but couldn't quit while I was ahead, and gambling on big pots ended up -$20?
Old 11-01-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Party PL$25 Gone Crazy Lately?

Hopefully no one here remembers when I re-potted it 3-way with the 2nd nut low on an A-3-8-8 board last night.

Yeah, because that's pretty embarassing. Let's pretend it never happened actually.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:07 PM

I'm curious who you mean. Samuraiz is the usual maniac.

By the way, I've seen you reraise with A3 hands... I got notes on you. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2005, 03:15 PM

I did spot Samuraiz at a table, and he seemed to have a super high V$PIP. I'm at work right now and actually don't remember his name offhand. I can't get it later on.

If Phil's lurking around here, he was at the same table, and definitely knows who I am talking about. This guy's pre-flop raises were totally inexplicable. Nothing even close to A3's!
Old 11-01-2005, 04:44 PM

I play on Party and Pokerroom--only omaha(limit P/L and H/L) not high stakes. 25c-50c High, 50c-$1 H/L 50c-50c P/L all on Pokerroom(they have a deposit bonus $120 for $300 --otherwise I wouldn't play Pokerroom (their software sucks. I play 50c-$1 hight, 50c-$1 & $1-2 H/L and $25 P/L & 50 P/L all on Party. I keep stats. I've recently

retired (4 weeks ago) I,ve played approximately 20,000 hands and am $30 ahead (I like all the free N/L touraments on Party My VPIP is about 27%

excuse the spelling and typo mistakes

So what does this all mean? I've seens lots of low limit players and most of them all nuts!!! (Not too bright) in Pokerroom, alot raise preflop with AAxx or KKss suited or notsuited hoping to gets trips and if they do they generally lose since one need to get a st. flush or FH to win. What the raising does is to make the pot large so that large that one can have the proper odds to draw!! they don't realize this. Also in Pot limit they will call a pop size bet while drawing.

In H/L there are so many players who raise on A2xx suited or not suited (A269--A25Q etc) and raise with A3ss--and AAxx (It doesn't matter what the other 2 cards are or if they are suited) When the flop comes, they will bet even if the flop has 1 or 2 low cards or if they have been counterfeited. Really dumb plays.

So what you have to do with these maniacs is to be patient and waited for good cards and only draw to the nuts.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:59 PM

DUDE, I don't know about the $25 tables, but I was playing the .01/.02 tables last night and SH!T was FKING IN. SANE.

THere was this one crazy guy who had amassed a stack of, like, $3.40, and was seeing something like 75% of flops! For a RAISE! I tried to just play tight, pick my spots, but I ended up getting SUCKED INTO the crazyness. At one point, I had $2.17, but at the end of the night, I was stuck by about a nickel.

Anyway, it was ABSOLUTELY NUTS, and I think if I can stay level-headed amongst all the change FLYING AROUND the table, I might be able to afford admission to CHUCK-E-CHEESES by thanksgiving.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:04 PM

If you can back me for $4000, I'll play the big game with you.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Penny games rule. Its like a bigger version of 9-play Video Poker.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:05 PM

Even if I sometimes resembled this remark in October, I think it is hilareous.