Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 12:23 PM

Default LINE CHECK PLO8

This is from early morning and I didn't sleep much, but I know the gist of it.

Hero ~$70
V1 ~$30. V1 is a regular on this forum. But I have to conclude he was either on tilt or drunk.
V2 has us both covered. V2 is a calling station/luckbox but not too bright. The kind of person who calls with nothing but a draw to an A4 low, will call any bet with bottom 2 pair and no redraws... no amount of action can get him to fold an inside straight draw. You know the type.

2-3 limpers to V1 who limps. Hero limps with 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. V2 limps on button.

FLOP 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

limps to V1 who bets pot. Hero reraises pot. V2 calls. Everyone else folds. V1 calls.

TURN J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

V1 bets pot. Hero calls. (should this be a raise?). V2 calls.

RIVER 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

V1 bets Pot. Hero Folds.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: LINE CHECK PLO8

Hmmm.. this hand does sound familiar now doesn't it....

Note that Villain 1 was not drunk.

I'm not a math guy by any means, by with your hand and re-draws, it really doesn't seem like a bad spot to get all-in. I could be wrong. Diamonds and top set must give you a decent equity.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Note that Villain 1 was not drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, Dave. I only say that because as the night went on, you got looser and looser and more and more weak calls. And your stack kept shrinking. I've played with you numerous times and It definitely wasn't the norm for you. (I hope you'll take that as a compliment.)
Old 11-02-2005, 12:36 PM

Thanks, it's appreciated. I've been playing weak starting hands too much, and I think it's been my downfall.

However you did witness me get stacked 2 times when I was way ahead. Including having top set of Queens on the turn, when 6 people went all-in (god only knows why). Of course, someone hit a gutshot on the river. No big deal. That's poker.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:39 PM

with a tilting/drunk v1, its hard to say. getting a range of his hands is difficult, but even if he had say something like QJT9 with a spade draw you're still no worse than 57/43 vs him. i'm not sure if that helps any.

but as it played out, vs a normal player, i'd fold the river. and he'd have to be really tilting and/or drunk to nogt have you beat here.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:50 PM

Post mine, and the other guy's hands Kurto, I don't remember the specifics. Did he make the straight on the river or did he already have it?

I believe I had pocket 10's, and you had the 3rd 10. I think that guy stayed in to hit the case 10 for the nut straight on the river. If so, that's a horrible play on his part.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:01 PM

Default Re: LINE CHECK PLO8 - What the hands were

V2s hand amuses me.

Dave, you had 7 7 10 10. So you turned the straight.
V2 had AAQ8 (no flush draw) So he rivered the nutstraight.

V2 called all the way down with 3 outs to the inside straight draw.

You had my hand correct and beat me but the Calling station nearly cleaned you out when he SIMPLY called with the nuts.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:09 PM

V2's hand unsurprisingly, does not amuse me at all.

Out of the 3 of us,
a) I feel you played that hand the best,
b) I shouldn't have gone crazy with the 2nd nut straight, and
c) that guy had absolutely no business being in the hand at all after that much action on the flop and turn, he's begging to go broke.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
c) that guy had absolutely no business being in the hand at all after that much action on the flop and turn, he's begging to go broke.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. But it was his night. I think he ended the night with a stack over $100. He was always the guy who had no business being in the hand but hit everything.

I think I lost one to him where I had nut low, straight and flush draw on the flop... I had A245 with Suited Ace... board was 3 6 10 with 2 of my suit. I bet flop and turn, he calls. Turn and river bring 2 broadway cards. He wins with 2 pair... 3 and the 6... no redraws. It was just his night.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:28 PM

Definitely a great candidate for the buddy list.

I wish I could be around tonight to alleviate him of his winnings, but I think I'm playing some neighborhood NLHE.