Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 11:18 PM

Default i suck. turn donks suck too.

Empire Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font>

Table is full of TAGs and various non-egregiously loose players. A pf raise is fairly likely to take down the pot. Tons of blind stealing and shorhanded pots vs fairly unterrible players. I'm leaving soon.

Preflop: dumbass is UTG+2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">dumbass raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls.

Villain seems TAGgy.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">dumbass bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, dumbass ???

What does the donk say? Let's pretend I'm hard of hearing (since I seem to be stone cold deaf lately). What's our plan going forward?
Old 10-14-2005, 11:23 PM

Default Re: i suck. turn donks suck too.

I'd probably raise the river because the board is so drawless, but a turn raise is ok.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably raise the river because the board is so drawless, but a turn raise is ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your plan if 3-bet?
Old 10-14-2005, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Call. I doubt you will be 3-bet often though.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about my read. Probably fold without one.

It's good to think about having a plan "in case x happens" but I think sometimes people take it to extremes in spots where it just doesn't happen often enough to worry about.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about my read. Probably fold without one.

It's good to think about having a plan "in case x happens" but I think sometimes people take it to extremes in spots where it just doesn't happen often enough to worry about.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think he donks this fairly often hoping to 3-bet?

I think he either wants me to fold or to raise, though I'm not sure which. I may have seemed weak/tight at this point due to too many whiffs. I may have also seemed overly aggressive due to 20/13/3ish and some terrible looking (semi) bluffs or botched blind steal episodes. Probably the former.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the idea of raising the river rather than the turn... but calling the river isn't a bad idea, either.

Old 10-15-2005, 12:05 AM

Hi detruncate,

I've only seen two of your posts on this game, but if the game is as you say, irrespective of the limits, I have some preflop advice for you. Do a little bit of limp-reraising from early. Choose a very few hands, like the red Aces, and the black AQs--it should be enough. Your problem is a matter of style. If, as you say, this has become a blind stealing game, then I suspect that blind stealing has become the uber-profitable way to go because isolation raises are working and the blinds are typically a little too tight. If that's true, then open-raising up front will either steal the blinds or get you in trouble against a solid hand that is playing position on you. Fix your style--make it incorrect for people to play their typical blind-stealing/iso-raising strategies against you while you do it profitably to them.

Also, raise this turn. If he 3-bets then you must play poker.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi detruncate,

I've only seen two of your posts on this game, but if the game is as you say, irrespective of the limits, I have some preflop advice for you. Do a little bit of limp-reraising from early. Choose a very few hands, like the red Aces, and the black AQs--it should be enough. Your problem is a matter of style. If, as you say, this has become a blind stealing game, then I suspect that blind stealing has become the uber-profitable way to go because isolation raises are working and the blinds are typically a little too tight. If that's true, then open-raising up front will either steal the blinds or get you in trouble against a solid hand that is playing position on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good suggestion.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, raise this turn. If he 3-bets then you must play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

You like the turn raise rather than a river raise?
Old 10-15-2005, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You don't think he donks this fairly often hoping to 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

A .5/1 player? Absolutely not. That's more 10/20 level thinking. I probably wouldn't bet/3-bet trips here either just because most micro players aren't aggressive enough to raise these donkbets.