Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2004, 05:49 AM

Default Re: Question about tournament chat

[ QUOTE ]
How do you make deals at PArty? I know u call a floorperson at Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you trust the people, you can make a deal and transfer/receive the money afterwards. Note that the normal system for transferring money on Party requires not just the nickname but also the real name of the target. I didn't get this information at one final table, and I had to spend some time with customer support to transfer the money.

Upon consideration, I don't think it is ethical to make certain deals at the final table at Party. On Stars, all players have to agree to the deal, and that is missing, allowing unethical collusion. For example, if two tiny stacks agree to split 2nd/3rd if the big stack wins, this deprives the big stack of the ability to threaten the smaller stacks. The small stacks would normally fight a folding contest for second place.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:03 AM

Default reasons to leave your chat ON......

…………..There are many times (especially late in a tournament) when players will throw off some pretty revealing tells in the chat box.

The most obvious ones are when a player has some, but limited knowledge, of the game. These pop up like red flags, and allow the observant player to adjust their game to these “table experts”.

Chat can also allow you to get an idea when players go on tilt…The flame wars start…judge for yourself.

Regardless of how short the comment is….for example…”good hand, sir” as a comment can mean lots of different things, but is most likely “shorthand” spoken by a knowledgeable player when an opponent has played poorly and sucked out.

Since online play doesn’t offer you the same level of information as live play, I try to look for every bit of additional info that I can get, hence, I leave my chat on.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:08 AM

I leave chat on until someone annoys me, or I go on tilt and start becoming 'one of the morons'. Generally, it is off by the end of the first hour.

I have, however, had long, interesting conversations during a tournament.

Also, you may want to turn it on, and if a single person is annoying, just turn them off. Also, from what I've been told, you can call Party or talk to a floor person and have an offensive observer removed from the chat. I had such a person follow me around everywhere I went. When I contacted Party through email, they told me to contact them when it is happening, and then they can do something about it.
Old 06-22-2004, 12:34 PM

I leave all my chat on. I have no problems ignoring the goading and other moronic crap that goes on, and listening to people freak out when I suck out on them (usually because they didn't bet me out of a hand) is quite amusing. If they really keep it up, a snide comment from me is generally enough to keep them on tilt the rest of the session. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]