Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Heartland Poker Tour allows questionable entry option

[ QUOTE ]
As I said before you reading comprehension is poor. I agree the extra money going nto the prize fund is +EV. That's not the issue. The issue is they get to skate in.

And as I said in my OP, let me pay $4k and skate into the final table directly...

A personal note to Chief. Your people skills suck. You imply that I am stupid because I don't agree with you on some points. Well, you are stupid because you keep hammering the money aspect (which I agreed with) which is not the crux of the issue.

Obviously you obtained your moderator role not through ability but most likely from _______. Readers use your imagination. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. I did say that logic is not one of your strong suits, which I suppose is simply my opinion. I think most people might agree with me at this point. I have not and will continue to refrain from attacking you personally. I only ask the same from you.

Read my last post, I'd really like to hear your reply.

Nick
Old 10-15-2005, 04:42 PM

Okay, I'll go slow.

The HPT tournaments have entry fees ranging from $275 to $550. There are anywhere from two to four days of qualifying.

That means that everyone who pays the entry fee, $440 in the November event for example, has to be in the top 20% of the players in that days qualifying round. If there are 90 players, the round is over for that day when 18 players are left, with at least one chip. Those 18 plus the players from the top 20% on the other qualifying days advance to the Sunday playoffs where everyone will start with a new stack of equal chips.

Yes, there are satellites for around $65 to get into the qualifying round (instead of paying $440). That's fine. I don't have a problem with that.

The issue is this NEW idea they have where instead of paying $440 to enter the qualifying round, one can pay $2200 and NOT HAVE TO QUALIFY BUT GO DIRECTLY TO THE SUNDAY FINALS.

So yes, the extra $1780 increases the prize fund. Great. But these guys get special treatment because they don't have to put forth the same effort to get to the finals.

As Greg stated in one of his emails to me, he doesn't think that more than a few guys will do this.

So therefore, the prize fund won't go up that much and the extra money will not benefit the finalists that much after the extra money is filtered throughout the payoff spots. So basically he is giving special treatment to a select few guys who admit they can't make through the qualifying round based on their skill.

I'll keep saying it. If this is fair then I'll pay $4k to go directly to the final table...
Old 10-15-2005, 04:44 PM

Civility please. Any further personal attacks will result in the thread locked and the violator banned.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:45 PM

One dealer per table, please [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2005, 04:46 PM

everything is civil in this tread no need for locking it up
Old 10-15-2005, 04:46 PM

You have yet to explain how this is different from any other tournament with satellites.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One dealer per table, please [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Negative, Chief is not acting as a moderator in this thread since he is actively engaged.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
everything is civil in this tread no need for locking it up

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks but it's up to me (or another mod) to decide what's civil and when someone calls another poster "stupid" the line has been crossed. Flaming is not tolerated. End of discussion on this.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:02 PM

Doesn't this seem like a step tourney on Party, where you can enter a step 1 for a spot in step two, etc.? Since you say you can play a $65 satellite to get into this $440 qualifier, and then others can buy right in to the main event for $2200. So basically the $65 satellite gets you into a $440 satellite which gets you into main event. Should people that get to a Party Poker Step 5 be pissed if they made it from a lower step while others bought directly in?
Old 10-15-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't this seem like a step tourney on Party, where you can enter a step 1 for a spot in step two, etc.?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, probably because it's the exact same concept.