Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-29-2005, 12:28 PM

Default Re: $55: I raise preflop, 2 callers + allin BB (shortstacked). I miss

Well I don't see how pushing a flop into two opponents - one of whom is known to be very loose anyway - is going to be +$EV when we have 14BB behind, a guy on less than 1BB already all in on this flop and a guy on 8BB and the bubble next hand? If the situation after this hand were different, I might agree. It just seems that the future position will be much better than risking it all with AJ on a 522r flop here.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd check personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

Doesn't it seem like we have the best hand?

Are we check/folding this?

Seems like a good pot going to waste when we have a decent hand and a decent size pot (giving us 1/2 addition to our stack if we push and they fold).

Basically what we need is for button not to wake up with A5/K5/K2/Q2/Q5/J5/J2, and CO to have a hand like 55+ for us to get called.

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands do you put CO and Button on? The 2 stacks that can cripple or eliminate you flat called your UTG raise with position. I think it's likely that one of both have a small-mid PP and will call your push in this situation.

To answer your questions, I don't think we have the best hand here, and I would probably check/fold and still be in great shape for bubble play. You can't make a decent CB without committing yourself and I don't like a push here with 2 big stacks behind me.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I don't see how pushing a flop into two opponents - one of whom is known to be very loose anyway - is going to be +$EV when we have 14BB behind, a guy on less than 1BB already all in on this flop and a guy on 8BB and the bubble next hand? If the situation after this hand were different, I might agree. It just seems that the future position will be much better than risking it all with AJ on a 522r flop here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on !
Old 12-29-2005, 01:51 PM

I prefer check-fold myself. Seems to me that most hands that have you beat would call you and most hands that you have beat will fold. Not good.