Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 10:14 PM

Default Bear with me....

I know absolutely nothing about sports betting. I have only a tiny bit of sports knowledge in general, and most of it clustered in the NBA. I am a statistics major, and that appears to be about all I've got going for me when it comes to this. I am pretty much just looking for some fun, but I think I would probably enjoy examining things from a statistical point of view as much as the actual betting.

For the following request, please assume that I am a complete idiot and need things explained to me like a child:

I don't even really know what a "line" is, let alone how to use it to your advantage. Pretty much the only term related to sports betting I know is over/under. I do not expect you to waste your time giving me definitions, etc...but I was wondering if anybody has a link to the most noobish of noob sites so I can feel *slightly* less retarded. Thanks for your help.

Brad

edit: I looked at the FAQ, but still didn't know wtf tech was talking about. As said before, I know nothing at all really.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:24 PM

Default Re: Bear with me....

this isnt a bad place to start

covers newb help

that should help, you can poke around there too at your own pace.. gl
Old 12-22-2005, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Bear with me....

Line shopping is the key to success... You need to find the best prices for the sides you like.