Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-16-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Watch Waxie Get Stacked

If I am already HU, then I will smooth call with AA. However, I would never check the flop. I'll come out firing hoping that KK or QQ wants to dance.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:26 AM

If he pots the flop, I'll call. If he pots it again on the turn, I fold unimproved.

Or, I'd like to think that is what I'd do in this spot. As this hand shows, sometimes I completely ignore my plan and just shove my money in with a overpair.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:27 AM

Sorry, we're both in EP.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I am already HU, then I will smooth call with AA. However, I would never check the flop. I'll come out firing hoping that KK or QQ wants to dance.

[/ QUOTE ] So you think villian's check on the flop was a mistake? And my check behind was a failure to take advantage of that mistake by betting and forcing him to define his hand?
Old 12-16-2005, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] So you think villain's check on the flop was a mistake? And my check behind was a failure to take advantage of that mistake by betting and forcing him to define his hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I have AA (KK or QQ) I'm betting this flop 100% of the time. Too many turn cards will kill your action (notice I didn't say beat you). Villain played AA correctly pre-flop. Deception works, even at these levels. If I have AA and I raise 4xBB and one villain re-raises me I will call if we are HU about 75% of time (obviously I push the other 25%).

You figure he is drawing to 2 outs so you can afford to coax his stack away as opposed to using a pre-flop sledgehammer.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:02 PM

Ok, so the obvious question is, given his non-bet on the flop, was my check behind correct or should I be betting in that spot against whiffed AK?