Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 11:25 PM

Default This one might be a little better...

What do you guys think? Anyone find a fold anywhere? Anyone raise fourth?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.60 SB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes___calls
Seat 2: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.60 SB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (3.30 BB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (5.30 BB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

River - (7.30 BB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (9.30 BB)
Old 12-13-2005, 11:32 PM

Default Re: This one might be a little better...

you're right to chase it all the way to the river, at which point I can't see folding for one more bet
Old 12-13-2005, 11:34 PM

Ya, this one is definitely better Scags. I think fourth is the only real street to discuss. While raising fourth street has its merit, I like your call just fine. If you wanted to check-raise him I'd like that fine too. His straight cards are semi-dead, though spades are live. You could raise here and just hope he blanks fifth. If he blanked you were obviously betting. Unfortunately for you I cant find a fold anywhere. Maybe I just like to pay off but that reraise on third kinda makes me keep biting my tougne and calling. If you could find a fold it would be on fifth.

Mike Emery
Old 12-13-2005, 11:34 PM

I think a raise on 4th is good. There's a lot less value in slowplaying 3 of a kind, even heads up, in hi lo stud--right?

How aggressive is the opponent? Would he bet out without a made low on 5th into likely trips? This is one reason, results-oriented perhaps, for raising 4th.

I suck at this game, so I don't know whether it's possible to fold at any point. If it is, I lay it down on 5th--it's possible you're letting him free roll or even that you're drawing to half.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:51 PM

3rd:Good completion.
4th:If he had hit a weaker card,you would have needed to bet to keep from arousing suspicion.
5th:Wow.He's hitting some awsome cards.
General:This was brutal.I don't know anything else you could have done.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:52 PM

Eh, the implied consensus seems to be that I don't know what I'm talking about in this game. (Maybe in stud hi too).
Old 12-14-2005, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you wanted to check-raise him I'd like that fine too.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was acutally my original intention after I checked, but then I thought about it a second after he had bet and I wasn't so sure that I had enough value to merit a raise or not. That was about as close to perfect of a card he could have caught, especially after limp reraising.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:19 AM

You learned how to spell "straight." That's wonderful. Now if we could just get you to use "you're" instead of "your" in the appropriate spots, that would be something.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 03:33 AM

I also think that fourth is the only street that's really debatable. I'd just bet. There are a lot of hands that you're in great shape against: big pocket pair other than Aces, smaller trips, ragged low draws. I don't think there's anything you're in bad shape against. You're behind if he has a straight flush draw, but what are the odds of that?

Beyond that, there's nothing to do but check and call.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also think that fourth is the only street that's really debatable. I'd just bet. There are a lot of hands that you're in great shape against: big pocket pair other than Aces, smaller trips, ragged low draws. I don't think there's anything you're in bad shape against. You're behind if he has a straight flush draw, but what are the odds of that?

Beyond that, there's nothing to do but check and call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you 3 betting given the chance?