Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 12-13-2005, 06:59 PM

Default 10/20 Stud8...just right?

Anyone play this differently? I'm just getting back into the swing of things so this hand is probably standard but I wanted to make sure.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.60 SB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (1.20 SB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (1.60 BB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (3.60 BB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls

River - (9.60 BB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___calls

Total pot: (11.60 BB)
Old 12-13-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: 10/20 Stud8...just right?

Hey mike, I don't know jack squat about stud/8, but it seems the only thing your opponent could have started with here is a pair of queens. If that's the case, does his limping in here suck?

Beer.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hey mike, I don't know jack squat about stud/8, but it seems the only thing your opponent could have started with here is a pair of queens. If that's the case, does his limping in here suck?

Beer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it does with those overcards behind him.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so.

His play on sixth is super confusing, though. Perhaps he's made two pair and put you on air since you were the bring-in.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:04 PM

yes, this is a weak play imo .. if you can't raise with your high hand, you shouldn't be playing it from early position. beer, in stud8 it's essential to start with the best high hand, so it's a clear fold. the villian was impatient and decided to test the waters and fold to a raise - now he trapped himself by having to play guessing games about the strength of the bi's starting hand, which was fortunately for our friend, super strong.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this hand is probably standard

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand might just be the most standard hand I've ever seen posted on these forums. I read it a few times, like, "where is the remotely interesting street". [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Post a wild hand that you played like shiit. Thats what we can get convo and usually learn something from. Thats why I miss some of those old Beermoney posts. Beermoney knew he was wrong in many hands that he posted, yet he posted them nonetheless. I know we all make atrocious plays from time to time ( even plays like wanting to jam with 3 flushes on third like Beer). I know some people have to have hands saved up that arent mundane and show how well they play. Not that this is directed at all at this post, I'm just saying too many of the ones I read nowadays dont glean anyone much.

Mike Emery
Old 12-13-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this hand is probably standard

[/ QUOTE ]
Post a wild hand that you played like shiit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll go through my hand history and give you guys a horrible play to talk about,I'm sure I can find more than a few.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:21 PM

I agree Mike, this hand was very standard. I'll look through my HHs and see if I can get something fun. If Party ever opens up those new tables I'm sure I'll get some good ones [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 02:48 AM

You mean you *don't* put him on (33)Q when he goes crazy after spiking a 3? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]