Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Diablo banned

[ QUOTE ]
my humble suggestion is to make a closing post in the thread explaining why it's close and why future threads will be deleted.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a close second to anything that makes even a modicum of sense. (Meant to insult Dynasty's decision, not Dids' suggestion)
Old 12-07-2005, 10:04 PM

My suggestion is more as an overall suggestion on how to mod. People learn by example. Telling them why something is bad helps. It's why you make the dog look at the pile of crap before hitting them on the head.

I'd also suggest that this whole discussion will be more productive the more it resembles a discussion and not just an argument. If we the mods can disagree and not get irate about it, this whole user mod venture will be a lot more productive.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:09 PM

If anyone cares I agree with astroglide on all points.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:25 PM

Wow, I was expecting to see some major breach of confidence or at least a revealed social security number or the like. I think this is just the nature of OOT and if you don't want him there fine, exile him (although I think that would be silly). But I think a ban is way uncalled for particularly if the parties involved don't really care. Delete the thread, unban Diablo, and move on.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:28 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

apparently some have gotten the impression that i was the one that locked the thread. i haven't taken any action on it, and i have no plans on doing so.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:32 AM

This is not really personal info. If we don't want rumors like this we might as well remove the NVG forum. The ban is a joke.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
apparently some have gotten the impression that i was the one that locked the thread. i haven't taken any action on it, and i have no plans on doing so.

[/ QUOTE ]

what's funny is I had 3 PM's waiting for me asking me why I locked it. I didn't even have a clue WTF they were talking about.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:47 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i'm not sure if you're specifically responding to me. fwiw i wouldn't have banned diablo, and i think that is the most unnecessary part of the situation.

i disagree that it is so much like nvg though, because nvg usually discusses 'far away players' and surrounds activities that they conduct in public (usually winning or losing in poker). these people are active members of oot, and storms/gossip were created in the last popular thread that surrounded the issue. mslif appears to be particularly sensitive about such things as well.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not sure if you're specifically responding to me. fwiw i wouldn't have banned diablo, and i think that is the most unnecessary part of the situation.

i disagree that it is so much like nvg though, because nvg usually discusses 'far away players' and surrounds activities that they conduct in public (usually winning or losing in poker). these people are active members of oot, and storms/gossip were created in the last popular thread that surrounded the issue. mslif appears to be particularly sensitive about such things as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it was really just in general. We'e had a lot of NVG posts about diablo, andyfox, jennicide, etc.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I was expecting to see some major breach of confidence or at least a revealed social security number or the like. I think this is just the nature of OOT and if you don't want him there fine, exile him (although I think that would be silly). But I think a ban is way uncalled for particularly if the parties involved don't really care. Delete the thread, unban Diablo, and move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

IF the party's don't care, NO action should be taken.