Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 09:25 PM

Default Diablo banned

Why? I don't think posting "personal info" about jason and mslif is reasonable. Especially since the parties involved reasted with a "wtf".
Old 12-07-2005, 09:29 PM

Default Re: Diablo banned

Regardless of the content of the thread, I really hope this is just a temporary thing. Even exiling him from OOT seems pretty outlandish.

Edit: Checked the poster info. I think a 1 day suspension is a reaonsable sentence, assuming this is wrong. I don't really have an opinion on that subject.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:33 PM

I consider Jason a close friend, but this is a bad ban. There's just no precedence for this to take place. I can see the thread being locked/deleted, but even a one day suspension is really silly.

And if you're going to lock the thread, why not just delete it? All this does is leave it sitting there to raise more questions and potentially cause more problems for the people involved?
Old 12-07-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a 1 day suspension is a reaonsable sentence

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? Because Dynasty doesn't want info about Jason to be posted in OOT? I think one day is an absurd sentence.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:42 PM

Posting personal information like that about any other poster is out of line. If jason_T and mslif want to share any information about their dating lives, they can do it themselves.

Nobody should have stuff like this exposed to the forums.

A one-day suspension is a slap on the wrist.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And if you're going to lock the thread, why not just delete it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Link to locked thread

I left it up and locked to make it clear discussion on the topic wasn't going to continue. If it just disappeared, I suspect a new post would go up to replace it.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Posting personal information like that about any other poster is out of line. If jason_T and mslif want to share any information about their dating lives, they can do it themselves.

Nobody should have stuff like this exposed to the forums.

A one-day suspension is a slap on the wrist.

[/ QUOTE ]
Jason does not want Diablo banned. I don't see why he should be if you, an uninvolved third party, are the only one that has a problem with the post.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:48 PM

I just know that if I ever see a locked thread, that's likely the first one on the page I'm reading, I like dirt. I'm not alone in this. If the logic behind the deletion is protecting jason and mslif, I'm not sure that that does anything but make people wonder and want to ask more questions.

If your intent is to make it clear that the discussion will stop, my humble suggestion is to make a closing post in the thread explaining why it's close and why future threads will be deleted.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And if you're going to lock the thread, why not just delete it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Link to locked thread

I left it up and locked to make it clear discussion on the topic wasn't going to continue. If it just disappeared, I suspect a new post would go up to replace it.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're really concerned about Jason's privacy then locking it it extremely stupid. You either have a problem with the information being out there or you don't. If you do, then deleting it is best (from your pov). If you don't, then leave it alone. Locking it accomplishes nothing other than excusing a ban of El D.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:53 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

diablo is a reasonable guy so the 'warning ban' seems unnecessary

i can also see your point about locking only making a martyr out of it. i feel the same way about a number of threads, but i think this subject is too 'hot' to let it remain exposed. all of the soap opera [censored] is embedded in old posts, this one clearly spells out the heart of the rumor and i think it's damaging to have people introduced to it if the topic is a concern. i think it should be deleted.