Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 12-05-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Prima

I just downloaded Prima because I heard they have some super high stakes NL games that I wanted to watch...they def do, but anyway, I also noticed that they have a ton of stud variations if anyone is interested. They have PL and NL 7 Stud and PL and NL 5 Stud. Not just little games either, I saw something like a 50-100 NL 5 card stud.... Also noticed a 50-100 limit 7 stud. Had one person sitting at it and a person sitting at some of the higher NL PL games as well. Just thought I'd toss it out there if anyone is interested. I might watch these games sometime just to see if they ever run.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Prima

[ QUOTE ]
I just downloaded Prima because I heard they have some super high stakes NL games that I wanted to watch...they def do, but anyway, I also noticed that they have a ton of stud variations if anyone is interested. They have PL and NL 7 Stud and PL and NL 5 Stud. Not just little games either, I saw something like a 50-100 NL 5 card stud.... Also noticed a 50-100 limit 7 stud. Had one person sitting at it and a person sitting at some of the higher NL PL games as well. Just thought I'd toss it out there if anyone is interested. I might watch these games sometime just to see if they ever run.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played these games and they are good. Some of the Europe based played were obviously better than me though. The 1/2 PL stud was very juicy.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:38 PM

NL/PL stud is retarded IMO. But if their are some super fish it could be worth learning a game that is retarded.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:12 AM

I used to play there a lot. Nobody ever played the NL, but pl is a pretty good format. Mostly a bunch of regulars so you can make some pretty good reads if you pay attention. Used to have a rich maniac tilter that would drop 1k-3k a night sometimes when he went on tilt. After he left the games pretty much dried up...Is your name the same? I'm curious if I've seen you play.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:19 AM

I've never played there and don't plan on it actually, I will probably just drop in and see if there are any big games going just to watch.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:32 AM

The highest I've seen running is 3/6 pl but not very often.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:09 AM

ugh, I can't remember the last time I won in that 1/2 P/L stud game. That was one bad luck streak at the time. I haven't seen enough $$ from fish to play in it again recently however.

The high stakes NL games aren't on when I look... Guess I should look more often.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:39 AM

I played it maybe 5-6 times and the worst I ever did was 1.5 buy ins. The games are scary though, they play super deep if the game has been going a while and its a massive lagfest. Im kind of nitty and I had a hard time when I started getting deep and having pressure applied to me in a game where my understading is only fundamental basics. As good as the game was I didn't feel like devouting any real effort to learning it so I don't play it unless it's really fishy.